Africa Guide
recommended trip :

moving to kenya!

hello -
my husband and i may be moving to kenya at the end of the summer for work. we have never been and have many questions. i dont really know where to begin - this is a huge step. i have been looking at random websites and came across this one and figured maybe you could help me out. he will be working for the kenyan government and housing will be provided, does anyone know anything about that ? would really appreciate any insight or help about this subject.
thanks so much - amy
 Reply  Quote

imformation
July 04, 2007 07:28AM
By lilac
Hi Amy,
You are much welcome to kenya.
my question is, what exactly information do u require.
The housing or general information about kenya.
Please contact me because am ready to assist you.
Kind regards,
Faith.
 Reply  Quote

moving to kenya!
July 04, 2007 01:30PM
By kwalels
Hello Amy ..which city or town in kenya are you going to work.. kenya is so nice it's all seasons and so long as you are staying in a secure place then it's cool..which info whould you like to be told.. am a kenyan but now in Botswana
frank
 Reply  Quote

Kenya
July 04, 2007 01:39PM
Hi How are you. Am good. Well you have to be specific what kind of information you want. The most tricky part is housing and it seems you have one. For how long will you be in Kenya? Well if I was you I will not hesitate to come , so far security is not so bad. Cost of living will depend where in particular you are staying.

laters
Paula
 Reply  Quote

response
July 04, 2007 03:10PM
hello everyone - thanks for your kind words.

i am just wondering coming from america what it is like to live in another country. forgive me for sounding ignorant but i really know nothing of the kenyan culture. i have been reading on line some but i just want to know things like...

how safe is the city. what are the houses like because all that i see are not that appealing. also things like cell phones, internet, all the technology we take for granted - is it hard to obtain there ? and animals, we have two dogs how does your culture feel about pets because these two are our children and we will not be making the journey without them.

what about the nite life is there things to do after dark - bars and such ? im not really sure where abouts in kenya we are looking to live at yet so that leaves it pretty vague. we will be looking to like there for at least a year possibly two or more.

i keep thinking of things to ask but cant think of anymore now.
i will keep checking back - thanks again for all your help you are all so kind.
amy
 Reply  Quote

security in the city
July 05, 2007 10:22AM
By kwalels
Well about security in the city is that not 100% secure but it also depend on the estate you l ive and and you friends.it's just like the other developed cities in the world .. the kenyan city is so Big and so nice we have got nice estate /houses too .. you will also get board in kenya why coz you will be having several nice places to visit.. like Parks rare Wild Animals and many Historical sites.. about the
I know most of Americans who are working in Universities in kenya..

there is so many places to go after dark like nice bubs canivore many lace to enjoy life African music and international i mean in general you will enjoy you will get many friends whom who will enjoy together..
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map