Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Getting money out in Kenya

getting money out in kenya
June 04, 2007 05:20PM
Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. I am going to volunteer in an orphanage in Nakuru for 6 months in September and i am researching things at the moment. Can anyone recommend the best bank account to get here in england, the one that will be easiest to use in Kenya. (mainly just for getting money out of ATMs). I can't seem to find out anywhere whether the kenyan banks accept cirrus or maestro at all. Thanks any help will be great.
Becky
 Reply  Quote

banks
June 05, 2007 09:26AM

Best bet is with Barclays as they have branches nationwide in Kenya.
 Reply  Quote

money
June 06, 2007 06:59PM
By mama
As long as you have a normal western bankcard
any bank will do to cash money from atm

i have a small belgian bank and it works fine to
ask money on ATM

No barclays needed at all
 Reply  Quote

Getting money in Kenya
July 01, 2007 01:31PM
I suggest you open an account in a Kenyan Bank when you arrive and arrange for credit transfer of the money you need from your Bank in England.Kenya does not have exchange controls and hence any unused funds can be remitted back to England after your stay.Barclays Bank and Standard Chartered Bank are British Banks trading in Kenya and can be of help.
 Reply  Quote

KISUMU, KENYA
September 20, 2007 01:21PM
I am equally interrested in setting up an orphanage in the rural bush of Kenya. I have been staying there for the last 35 years. Your volunteer expertise may be of great help to me too. Kisumu is the nearest city to Nakuru. Do call me when you arrive on my mobile 0724 551 685

Joseph
 Reply  Quote

Banks
October 31, 2007 01:20PM
By JoWanje
Hi

I lived in Mombassa for four years and held my bank account in the UK.

Put your money in Nationwide Building Society Flex Account and you can make as many cash withdrawals as you like from any ATM machine for free. smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

get money out in kenya
February 08, 2008 03:10PM
By bubbag
Yes, barclays bank is best and all over kenya. We lived in London for 6 yrs and had that bank and never had a problem when we went to Kenya. we still kept the same bank to present. Others may be good too but not in every city around the country. My advise is barclays is the best.
 Reply  Quote

Getting money out in Kenya
April 08, 2008 04:41AM
By Salrigs
Get a visa card and that will really help at atms but it's exepensive if you have to withdraw many times.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map