Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re:Accomodation.

Hi, I'm from the UK and will be working/volunteering at the Coast Provincial hospital in mombasa in June and I plan on staying for about 5 weeks.

Does anyone know of an apartment or room I can rent for this time thats is not too far from the hospital and is safe??

I'm a student doctor, so my budget is quite low. Any help or advice is most welcome!

It would also be great to find people to travel and explore kenya with. If there are other students or backpackers who will be around at that time, and who dont mind some company please get in touch!

Thanks
Fatz
 Reply  Quote

accomodation
April 02, 2007 07:46AM
Anonymous User
hii
In Mombasa there are alot of good accomodation such as hotel, lodges,flats and apartments.Please send to us yuor estimated budget so that we can be able to advice.
There are also experts who can take you to various tourist site for you to view.These includes masai mara ,Amboseli and Tsavo National Park. We are please to serve you to your satisfaction.
Yours Faithfully
Isaac kagoto
 Reply  Quote

Re:Accomodation.
May 04, 2007 12:34PM
By lilac
Hi Fatz,
Have you gotten some people to travel with and accomodation in mombasa?Please tell me I can assist you.
Cheers!!
 Reply  Quote

re: coast province genera hospital
May 06, 2007 09:46AM
By rosieb
hi fatz,

I'm another medical student from the UK. I am going to CPGH in september and was wondering whether you would let me know if you find some good accommodation. I didn't get much information from the hospital.

Cheers

rosie
 Reply  Quote

May 06, 2007 09:49PM
By Fatz13
LAST EDITED ON May-06-07 AT 10:50 PM (GMT)

Hi Lilac...

Yes Thank you I have somewhere to stay. It turns out there are some 'family friends' there and they've kindly offered to put me up.
But It would still be great to meet people and travel around in my weekends off!

Thank you!

Hi Rosie,

I didn't get much feedback from the hospital either, but I'm lucky that I have somewhere to stay, only I havent a clue how far from the hospital I'll be.
I'm flying there on the 26th of this month and I can look around for you and send u some info if u like.
Stay in touch and I'll keep u posted!

Fatz
 Reply  Quote

cpgh
May 07, 2007 10:35AM
By rosieb
thanks that would be great. Have an amazing time!

Rosie
 Reply  Quote

I'll be in Mombasa too
May 12, 2007 02:25AM
By Amaia
Hello,

I'll be in Mombasa in June and July, as well. I'm a phd student in anthropology from the states, and I'll be staying in the city proper, but I don't have plans for where yet. It might at least be nice to meet up with folks.
 Reply  Quote

hi
May 24, 2007 08:24PM
By Doc
hi fatz.am a medic,working in mombasa.am working with the agakhan hospital which is about 500meters from the cost general and provincial hospital.i can provide accomodation for free and take you to places.i used to work with the coast provincial hospital and its a nice place to be.you can e-mail me cadyc83@yahoo.com. or you can call me on cell phone 0734607760 or 0722449048.bye hope to meet you soon
 Reply  Quote

hi rosie
May 24, 2007 08:36PM
By Doc
hi rosie,am a medic working in mombasa.am working with the agakhan hospital.i can provide accomodation for free.i used to work at the coast provincial hospital some time last year.it is a nice place to work and am sure you will get enough experience as well.call me on my cellphone.the number is 0734607760 or 0722449048.you can e-mail me at cadyc83@yahoo.com.bye
 Reply  Quote

Hi all!
June 08, 2007 02:24PM
Anonymous User
I will be in Mombasa at the end of July looking to do some hospital volunteer work. I have sent an email to Aga Khan and did not recieve a reply back. Does anyone have any better ways of contact or know of specific people to contact? Even contacts at another hospital i can volunteer at??
Thank you for your help!
 Reply  Quote

hi
June 11, 2007 05:38PM
Anonymous User
hi am a medic working with the agakhan hospital mombasa.can you please give me your names so that i can follow it up?i can request our C.E.O to consider you it has no problem.e mail me at cadyc83@yahoo.com bye and see you
 Reply  Quote

hi
June 11, 2007 05:50PM
Anonymous User
hi rosie why so silent.this is walter again from the agakha hospital mombasa.did you get an alternative?i can accomodate you free.remember am a medic so i will even want to learn more on how you do your procedures and i think you will enjoy my company.will take you to nice places during weekend offs and am sure you will like your clinical experience you will have an opportunity to decide the therapy of patients.le me hear from you.

walter misaro
Department of Radiology,
The agakhan Hospital,
mombasa.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map