Africa Guide
recommended trip :

visit kenya (Eldoret)

complete novice
August 16, 2005 03:49PM
By karina1
Hi, me and my cousin will be travelling to Kenya in September for two weeks and want to cram in as much as possible, but on a budget. We are students for goodness' sake! Where are the best places to visit? What should we do when we get there? We want to avoid all the tourist traps and have a more authentic experience of African culture, traditional and contemporary. Do you have any tips on safety? We are girls in our early twenties and so may well appear to vulnerable, although I do know kick boxing! We also want to experience Kenyan nightlife as I've heard some of the best clubs are over there. What is popular music wise? What do Kenyans find rude or unacceptable behaviour? I don't want to offend anyone on my trip! If anyone has an answer to any of my million and one questions please contact me via the 'send me an email' link below. Much appreciated!
 Reply  Quote

visit kenya (Eldoret)
August 17, 2005 04:42AM
By kwalel

Hey!
Welcome to Kenya. Basically your fears are unfounded. Animals generally live in the bush and ofcourse you are going to the Bush to see them. There are very very few and extremely rare that floods will cause parks to be closed. This is basically because Kenya is right on the equator and it showers almost daily in the highlands...and in the plains where many parks are. O.k Kenya has more than just animals, Great culture, Great peoples, Great stuff and artifacts to collect. Otherwise, if you need any info contact me at kwalel@yahoo.co.uk and I will tell you where to find what and where to start in Kenya. good budget and a private car hire leave it to me
frank
 Reply  Quote

Some answers
September 06, 2005 08:14AM
By kagi
Hi,
Kenya is a really fabulous place to be. However, if you are white, it will be rather hard to avoid the tourist traps unless you can get a Kenyan to do your bargaing for you...we still think white skin equals riches....student or no student.
Tight clothing or skimpy outfits fit better at the coast than in Nairobi, the capital city. Mombasa especially is a tourist hub and the hot weather allows for such....the rest of the country would frown on you...unless you are at a club in which case, the frowns arem more often than not leers.
It's rather safe but you need to take care...avoid deserted streets at all times and do not look lost. Ask for directions from a reputable looking shop along the street. People are very friendly anm more than willing to help...but like everywhere else, there are those that see potential easy money.
I'd suggest you visit Nairobi en route to Mombasa to relax on the cleanest beaches around and best weather....especially around November.
Nairobi has a few tourist worthy sights but the highlands and coast offer the most. Nairobi is busy but has superb nightlife.
You could send me an e-mail for more info. And I'm female in my early twenties too!! so no ulterior motives....
 Reply  Quote

Feel Safe
September 13, 2005 07:38AM
Hi, Kenya is generally a safe country and the people ARE FRIENDLY. Your fears are unfounded. However I can volunteer to take you places during your saty
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map