Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Kennels

Moving to Nairobi WITH A DOG
November 05, 2004 09:43PM
By furyk
I am traveling to Kenya (to live for a year) with my Jack Russell and as much as you'd think that this would be the least of my worries, it has become the biggest obstacle. Does anyone know of a temporary apartment/house/hotel/bungalow that rents and is DOG FRIENDLY. I hope to find something temporary so that i have the time to look for a house at my leisure.

Please note this is not a request for regulations on travel with an animal, i already have her papers cleared with the Kenyan Embassy.

Thanks in advance
 Reply  Quote

yes i do know
November 06, 2004 01:07PM
Anonymous User
yes i do know just contact me then i can give you full details about the place otherwise have a lovely day ,
kiarie
 Reply  Quote

What about kennels?
December 14, 2004 02:32PM
Anonymous User

Kiare,

My dogs are being shipped to Nairobi in a few days, but my worry is different - where can I find kennels?

Charles
 Reply  Quote

Kennels
December 15, 2004 07:42AM
By Jeff
hi
Charles
how big and how many dogs are you coming with? and also what type of Kennels are you looking for?
i know of a place where they are making wooden but ironsheet roofs..so will you be comfotable with that? conntact me for futher details
have a nice day.
Jeff
 Reply  Quote

Dog house hunt
December 15, 2004 04:57PM
Anonymous User

Jeff,

I have 5 dogs. Three of them are quite big, nearly 100kgs a piece. Yes, wooden with iron sheets would be fine, but I guess one can get them to consider some plastic sheeting for the roof too. Appreciate a lot.

Charles
 Reply  Quote

Dogs in Africa
December 15, 2004 05:41PM
By furyk
Thanks much Kiarie, but i am finally in Niarobi - we've decided to stay in the Woodmere (sp) for a month and then move on to renting a house...aparently house rental with dogs is not a tough thing to find - but forget apartments..

Thanks all - and if you have ongoing information (or at this point quetions) about travel to africa with a dog - let me know.

Note - don't take a dog in the cabin of Swiss Air HORRIBLE!!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map