Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Wedding in Kenya

Wedding in Kenya
January 16, 2004 08:38PM
By Adam
My wife and I have befriended a wonderful man from Kenya who has invited us to his wedding there in August. I have some reservations about traveling there, since I'm from the US and the state dept. has put out numerous warnings. Is it that dangerous for foreigners?? We would really like to go but safety is a priority.
 Reply  Quote

wedding in Kenya
January 17, 2004 07:03AM
Adam
Kenya is the most warm place I have ever lived. I am Kenyan- in search of wonderful life I lived in Boca Raton Florida for 41/2 years for my undergrad. Before I attended graduation, I couldnt wait to return home. 2yrs ago I lived in Perth, Australia but have since returned home. Kenya like all other places has safe and unsafe neighbourhoods. However, the food, the people, the culture , the fun, the physical features- name it- even sweat meat- can not be compared- not to forget the weather. Come and see for yourself.
 Reply  Quote

safety in kenya
February 11, 2004 06:15AM
I would agree with florence. However things are very different in Kenya than the United States. Poverty hits people in diffents ways in different places. The people are so generous with what they have, but still have much less than I had. I visited Kenya last november and had the time of my life. The best thing is to travel with a person who knows ther way around and push come to shove know some of the language. Also there are several daily news websites, such as eastandard.net, that has some of the latest news from Kenya. Email me if you need a driver/tourguide as my brother is the best there is.

olepasha@comcast.net
 Reply  Quote

Wedding in Kenya
February 11, 2004 09:15AM
By bob
Many many people travel to kenya every week for business and tourism. People please do not rely on your governments for whether or not you should travel, the net is here and will tell you everything you need to know honestly.

Not sure about the US State Dept but the UK gov is now in the habit of warning people not to go just about everywhere, its called covering their arses and being able to say we told you so if by some small chance something does happen.

Its a consequence of this crappy sue everybody culture we now live within in the Western world.

You will have the time of your life, knowing a local is the best way to go and Kenya has loads to offer.
 Reply  Quote

travel
February 19, 2004 09:47AM
Anonymous User
I'm sure it'll be fine - i am going in august, and if i thoughtthere was any real threat i wouldn't be risking. My mum was born there, and she is happy for me to go. Just don't go wandering off on your own - which you wouldn't do in some parts of the US would you?!
 Reply  Quote

Kenyan Wedding
June 12, 2006 06:47PM
This might just be the forum I have been looking for. My daughter is getting married here in Iowa in October. She is marrying a Kenyan man and we were trying to incorporate both traditions. Can you help me with some Kenyan food that we would be able to prepare here
 Reply  Quote

travel to kenya
August 08, 2006 09:22AM
Anonymous User
PLEASE PLEASE there is no better place than Kenya, i have been to Newyork and the truth is its was scaring for me coulnt not wait to get back to my Kenya, have been to london as well - the bottomline is EAST WEST KENYA IS BEST.
YOU ARE ALL WELCOME.
 Reply  Quote

Kenya is more safe...
August 09, 2006 08:47AM
Hey Dear!
Kenya is more safe than your country, no wonder the richest man in the world - Bill Gates and his family - who is an american, spend a whole week in Kenya. Do you remember sometime last year, Melinda Gates traveled and spend much of her time mingling with locals I wonder what type of safety you are looking for yet World Trade Center was brought down, will you say that USA is unsafe thereby you should not live there????

all those state Dept travel warnings are just mere propaganda. There is a time they equated Kenya with Buma and Israel in terms of crime and terror activities, yet they never warned their citizens never to travel to those countries. How many bombings have you heard in Kenya?? crime rates in USA is far exceeding that in Kenya. I can attest to that. If you plan to travel do continue planning. send me a mail if need any further clarification.

Stanley
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map