Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Avoid Spirit of Africa Safaris!!

Avoid Spirit of Africa Safaris!!
August 11, 2011 10:57PM
By sam10a
I have returned a while back from an independent 3 week holiday to Kenya. I saved up for nearly two years to be able to afford to go, and before I went, I booked a safari with Spirit of Africa safaris (www.spiritofafricatours.com), run by Josphine Muchiri (aka Josphine Kolongo) from her offices in Contrust House / Sonalux House, Moi Avenue, Nairobi. It is recommended in the most recent Rough Guide to Kenya, and the Lonely Planet Trekeking in East Africa guide. I paid her $1300 for a 10 day safari, but when the bus came to pick me up for the safari, she said it was only a 4 day safari and that she would give me a refund of $780 when I got back to Nairobi. I chased her for the money for days whilst I was still in Kenya, filed reports with both the Tourist Police in Nairobi and police in Malindi, made two visits with the police (she was tipped off both times and left the office before we arrived) and have been emailing her since I got back a few weeks ago, but she will not give me the money back that she owes me, keeps saying she has sent it electronically but it then doesn't arrive etc.. This kind of issue usually isn't covered by insurance (it isn't for me) and their legal cover won't cover proceedings either. This is a horrible situation to be in for anyone - avoid this company at all costs. She is apparently well known in Nairobi on the safari circuit for swindling people. She is a Kikuyu woman in her early 40's with chin length curly hair. AVOID unless you want to lose money!!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map