Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Seeking short-term accommodation in Nairobi

Jambo!

My hubby and I are from New Zealand and we are going to be doing voluntary work in Nairobi for 3 months, arriving around 10 June 2011, leaving mid September 2011. We will be working in Lower Kabete area so ideally we will be wanting something somewhere in the vacinity of Lower Kabete, Spring Valley or even Westlands, as long as we can get to the #118 matatu (by Sarit Centre) easily enough.

Our only real criteria in terms of accommodation is preferably 2 bedroom..... Oh and CHEAP would be good cos we won't be getting any income while we are in Kenya.

I hope someone out there can help us out smiling smiley

Asanta sana
Denise

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 11:26PM by denisecarnihan.
 Reply  Quote

Hi, i have a guesthouse at a place called lavington, which is about 5 minutes away from westlands, however from the guest house you would have to use 2 matatus to get to kabete. My rooms are sharing and very affordable. I can reserve for you a room during the course of your stay at a rate we would both have to agree on. I charge USD18 per person per day for bed and breakfast. However this rate is very negotiable and can be tailored to your needs. We do have in house laundry and house keeping services. You can reach me on cnjoki2000@yahoo.com should you wish to discuss this further.

Regards.
 Reply  Quote

Hi there, thanks for your reply. Do the 2 matatu rides start and finish at the same junction? I lived in Nairobi last year and know the area well. It would be ok if they were at the same junction, because then its just a matter of hopping off one, and hopping on the other to get too and fro from work. If they are at opposite ends of town then it wouldn't work. Your rate works out approx ksh/-90,000 per month for 2 of us, is that correct?
 Reply  Quote

Hi there. Thanks for your message. I've been tracking various real estate agents advertisements around the Westlands area and I know we can get something around ksh60,000. We are not looking for anything too elaborate, as long as it is comfortable and I think probably the main thing for us is security. I have lived in Lower Kabete last year for a few months, and the reason I am seeking accommodation around that general area is because it is only 1 matatu ride to work. Cheers.
 Reply  Quote

Hi, the matatus are at the same terminus in westlands, security in lavington where my guest house is, is really good. I can give you a flat rate of Ksh 45,000 per month for both you. My guest house is 4 bedroomed with one bedroon ensuite downstairs, one master ensuite upstairs and 2 other bedrooms upstairs sharing a bathroom and toilet. I would think that the down stairs room would be ideal for you. Its simple and for the guest looking for budget accomodation. We have in house laundry and housekeeping as i had mentioned, do you wish to have meals or you would want to make your own? You could also buy your own meals and have them made at our kitchen by the house keeper. In short all our services can be tailored to your needs. I can send you pictures of the house and you can be sure to love the gardens and the serene environment. However since there is still time you can explore all other options since you sound familiar with the neighbourhood. Incase you are intererested in my service, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards.
 Reply  Quote

Hi again, Sounds great!! Thanks for all your info, it is sounding very promising and great that the matatu junctions are the same. I will talk in depth with my husband as it would be great to get this sorted as soon as possible so its one less thing we have to worry about smiling smiley Pics would be great if you can post some. Thanks again.
 Reply  Quote

Oh yes, sorry there is one more thing. We have a friend joining us for approx a month - mid June - mid/late July. Would there be room for her too? If so, can you give me a flat rate for her also please. Thanks again for your prompt help.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map