Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Power Inverters

Power Inverters
November 06, 2010 12:56PM
By Trueman
Hi, What is the scope of DC to AC battery backed up Inverters in Kenya? What power rating is most sell able? How much is the competition and which country products are more acceptable China or India or Malaysia etc. ? Any other product that may run faster?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 01:00PM by Trueman.
 Reply  Quote

November 08, 2010 08:38PM
I'm not sure, if I understand you well!?? What are you trying to do /sell?? 4 wht. DC to AC Converters?? If we are talking about Power of Network (but then DC isn't suitable..!?) it is VERY instable and you are affected by "high points".

I guess you are talking about PV Inverters..!??? -Right now, there isn't much of using. But even there you should know, that it Depends on PV /Building size.

Could you come a bit more concret??

THX
 Reply  Quote

November 10, 2010 04:08PM
By Trueman
Hi,

I am sorry for not making myself clear. I am talking about Power invertors that are used incase of Power break down. These invertor uses DC 12v to 24 volts Batteries and coverts the power to 220 volts. When the power cut is over the inverter switches off and the batteries are charged.

thes invertoes come in power delivery rating from 300 W AC to 5000 W.

All I need to know is if their is demand for these.

thanks
 Reply  Quote

November 10, 2010 04:43PM
Oakey, Thanks;

me, from practical Knowledge, I would >theoretical< see an market. But from Practise I say NO! This is really an topic for an very big Discussion with alot of Advantages and Disadvantages.

Theoratically:

* in this typically small Houses, one Floor ->then alot of Rooms it seems absolutly perfect
* the Usage is still low, what hold the Cost's (for the biggest Part (Batteries)) down
* there are soooo much possible Customers, depending on the Price
* and all the thick (DC) Cables: $$$ the finger smiley

===

I'm not an Engineer, discussed this topic couple of times with one. Myself I'm not able to calculate such Things:
How long stays an 1; 2; 3; 4; 5KW Part online? And in this Case, how many Batteries are needed? How to reduce Powerusage due the Time of Blackout, that the Batteries can stay longer? How to prevent from deep discharge?

Even I don't know, where you are comming from.., here Batterierooms have to be in 'EX'!!!

Practically:

* who takes care of the Batteriepacks? (Kenyan's aren't really good in Maintaince!)
* Batteries dies in Africa like Fly's
* hwo can afford to buy it? The Fluctuation is offten high, the "Pocketmoney" low
* for smaller Hotels; Pensions the Capacity is probably to low
* often it isn't though about while constructing an House, to separate Powernet and Compensation

===

What about an Cost - Use Calculation, between Battery (Inverter), PV and Generator?

YES, that's really an Topic for a lot of Evenings (Tuskers) *Cheers* drinking smiley I can only give you some Ideas, what is to think about (and my Minus-List is bigger!).

Good Luck

PT_Kaloleni
 Reply  Quote

January 27, 2011 09:08AM
By kimtex
contact me for more
emnly4@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

January 30, 2011 02:07PM
By munish
hi

its very big market in kenya. INDIAN inverter is now doing very well. as per latest news the demand of power inverter and batteries will be increased now. you can contact on munish.truepower@gmail.com or 0091-9873066626 for distributorship or more details

regards
MUNISH
 Reply  Quote

February 03, 2011 09:40PM
Yeah!

munish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi
>
> its very big market in kenya. INDIAN inverter is
> now doing very well. as per latest news the demand
> of power inverter and batteries will be increased
> now. you can contact on munish.truepower@gmail.com
> or 0091-9873066626 for distributorship or more
> details
>
> regards
> MUNISH

I guess, you can proof this sentence with some figures..!?!??? And (of course) I ask, where yours inverters are situated..!??? Because "normal" Kenyans can't afford it.

PT_Kaloleni
 Reply  Quote

July 26, 2011 11:30AM
By munish
hi

yes its expensive but not so much that kenyas cannot afford. As compare to chinese its expensive as we are giving good quality with lots of features. Our product life is more then 7-10 yrs. as compare to chinese as there life is not more then 1-2 yrs. So if you compare with quality and price factor we are cheaper then them.

regards
MUNISH
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map