Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Living in Neirobi,...where we can find houses in near feom UNconfused smiley

smiling bouncing smileyHello, I'm Michaela (35) from Naples Italy and I'm looking for contacts to Neirobi. My family and I go, maybe next year in July . My husband (30) wants to go to the UN as an admin for General service. Now he works still, at NATO in Naples (as time soldier), and we would appreciate infos about all, its possible! The life, livelyhoods, homes, schools ....Our children are 9 years and 4 years old and go to school Montessouri, english-speaking and we are very flexible and simple people. Thanks and excuse me for my bad english! greetingsfrom italy
 Reply  Quote

Please e-mail me; homely.stay2@yahoo.com.
 Reply  Quote

Hello,

You can find houses near UN but it depends on the kind of neighbourhood you want to love. My spouse (American/Australian) works for UN OCHA here in Nairobi but we dont live right next to UN for a couple of reasons. UN is in a suburb called Gigiri. We are a young couple (him 32, me 26) and find Gigiri out of the way for a lot of things and the community there is very solitary and segregated. Most people are expatriates who prefer staying away from the local people, which is not what we were looking for. We wanted to live in a plce where we could interact with other people, our kids could interact and play with other kids....

We live about 30 mins from UN in a place called Riara Rd. There are a lots of apartment blocks on Riara Road and basically, every thing you can think of is within a walking distance, including our vet! There are also a couple of schools, Montessori in fact about 5 mins from Riara Road. It's also a very safe and quiet neighbourhood. We dont have kids yet,planning to soon, but we chose the location because the environment (i.e neighbors) are of diverse backgrounds which we believe is good for our kids. Top of my head, i can count over 10 nationalities that live in the same apartments as us.

Again, it will depend on the kind of environment you are looking for...
 Reply  Quote

with all do respect to the montessori you are talking about, but they are "fake". The have the right name but not the right methodology.

be careful about where you place your kids, a lot of them have the right name but not the "right way"

DarkAngel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> You can find houses near UN but it depends on the
> kind of neighbourhood you want to love. My spouse
> (American/Australian) works for UN OCHA here in
> Nairobi but we dont live right next to UN for a
> couple of reasons. UN is in a suburb called
> Gigiri. We are a young couple (him 32, me 26) and
> find Gigiri out of the way for a lot of things and
> the community there is very solitary and
> segregated. Most people are expatriates who prefer
> staying away from the local people, which is not
> what we were looking for. We wanted to live in a
> plce where we could interact with other people,
> our kids could interact and play with other
> kids....
>
> We live about 30 mins from UN in a place called
> Riara Rd. There are a lots of apartment blocks on
> Riara Road and basically, every thing you can
> think of is within a walking distance, including
> our vet! There are also a couple of schools,
> Montessori in fact about 5 mins from Riara Road.
> It's also a very safe and quiet neighbourhood. We
> dont have kids yet,planning to soon, but we chose
> the location because the environment (i.e
> neighbors) are of diverse backgrounds which we
> believe is good for our kids. Top of my head, i
> can count over 10 nationalities that live in the
> same apartments as us.
>
> Again, it will depend on the kind of environment
> you are looking for...
 Reply  Quote

With all due respect to you Opaiso, i do my research before i post. The Montessori school i am talking about is this this one - [www.montessori.org] - which is listed

Mr. & Mrs. S. Key
International Montessori School
P.O.Box 10364
Nairobi 00400
Kenya
Tel: +254 20 3876110/3876112
Fax: + 254 20 3876183 (Mon/Wed/Fri only)
e-mail: ims@montessori.co.ke

I dont know how they can be fake if they are listed in the www.montessori.org website.

Careful about what you post please!
 Reply  Quote

Hi,

for a few month ago i posted and i want to say thanks for your answer, it does help us.At the moment we have to wait for the UN, where we applied for.
We hope we can come and then i will write you!

thanks

Michaela and Family
 Reply  Quote

You could check on Kenya's real estate and property guide. You may get a good idea on which neighbourhoods to go for.
 Reply  Quote

Hi Michaela,

This forum has a lot of information on relocation to Kenya. Though cost of food, housing has really sky rocketed.

Best wishes

Paula
 Reply  Quote

Hi Michael, We have 3 bedrooms bungalow at Riruta next to Riara 30 minutes drive to UN. It is near a leading school in Nairobi. It's monthly rent is kshs. 35,00
payable anually in advance. It's to be vacated on 1st jan 2009. I recommend you book it. For more information contact +254-725 741 894. Mungai, www.homeken.com
 Reply  Quote

Ciao e benvenuto nel Kenia! Coming to a new country can be challenging. When is it that you're coming? I have a cottage in Ridgeways that may be available then. I'd also introduce you to an Italian friend living in Kenya. That way you will meet someone you can relate to entirely.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map