Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: marraige to egyptian

marraige to egyptian
October 02, 2009 01:51PM
i am english and a year ago i met an egyptian man in hurghada when i came home we kept in contact and i returned to visit him last month, we love each other and he ask me to go and live with him and marry him, i have read lots on marriage to egyptians but i am now confused, can anyone who has been there help me
 Reply  Quote

March 02, 2010 10:58PM
Hi Joy how r u? r u still in touch with your egptian friend?
Do u know if it is easy to apply for a visa in England if my boyfriend was to come over here?
Cheers Sarah
 Reply  Quote

March 06, 2010 01:49AM
me too.i have a boyfriend in Egypt.we want to marry soon.but he cant leave his country.he ask me to go there for us to get married.but i don't know were to start.he tell me that he will send me a visa asking me to be a visitor on their country but not as a tourist.and after that we have to wait for six months to get married.i don't know if its possible.me too i need help about this.can anyone told me what i have to do that is legal.and i am from Philippines.please some one help us what to do
 Reply  Quote

August 18, 2010 09:12AM
I am an Englishman and a year ago, I met with Egyptian President hurghada.Getting marry a foreigner in Egypt has become very complex.Marriage still in the midst of modern Egyptian society. rights and obligations between husband and wife are defined by Islamic law, the division of labor by gender, and cultural practice in Egypt.

dominos voucher
 Reply  Quote

August 27, 2010 04:55AM
By ronny
Concept of marriage in Egypt is not an easy topic. While the Egyptians seem to have comrades in seems most often lifelong monogamous relationships.Marriage remains at the heart of the modernization of Egyptian social life. It is the main focal point in the lives of women and men, followed only by birth of a child.

flight
 Reply  Quote

August 30, 2010 02:12AM
By katzz
Hi...

First question... are you both British ? If yes should be easier. If not then you ll have to check as well with your embassy in Cairo.

I contacted the British Embassy some time ago regarding this subject. Basically they told me that in principle it is possible but the paper work will take a few days ( I think actually they said a couple ). You have to go to the embassy first, then I believe to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cairo, and then to the registry office to record the wedding. You will need a lawyer or someone reliable who speaks bith English and Arabic to help you with that. Then you return to the Embassy to register the marriage.

You must email or fax the embassy to get the exact details that they need before you come to Egypt. [www.britishembassy.gov.uk]...

You then go and have your ceremony. You need to find a suitable person to marry you and a nice setting. If you are thinking of Sharm then you start your holiday in Cairo for a few days doing the paper work and visiting the sites and then come to Sharm for the wedding and the honeymoon. I do know of an American living in Amman who is licensed to marry people but he will only come down to Nuweiba ( he like me is a Nuweiba fan ).

Hope that helps.

As I write this I see that the embassy has a page of information as well...

[www.britishembassy.gov.uk]...

Best wishes

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

September 23, 2010 07:13AM
Ok you all give very nice suggestion but I suggest you to dont take decision on any other suggestion I think you should do as you like.

mp3 players

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 07:14AM by johnbecker112.
 Reply  Quote

January 18, 2011 01:54AM
By kino
I'm an Egyptian Young man ..i hope all the best for yours... i know that Love is able to break all the Boundaries ..Love has No Religion , No Wealth , No Color , No Nationality all the best ..in between i know many Egyptians married Western ppl. and live in peace n Love Conditions ... really its great to have a different partner... that makes life have a taste really its an adventure ..your children will be proud n wonder How the love was able to meet a west by east lOl ..Hope the best anyways
 Reply  Quote

June 01, 2011 12:43AM
I notice this is an old post and I just wondered what happened? Did you marry? Did you mpve to Egypt? I am married to an Egyptian and I love the country and the lifestyle. We may never be rich but we are happy. I am muslim so it is maybe easier for me but I wouldn't swap it, or my darling husband, for anything. It is very difficult to get an Egyptian spouse a visa to visit the UK unless they happen to be very wealthy (which most Egyptians are not). My husband has still never met my dad as he cannot travel to Egypt. The lifestyle is very different from at home so be very sure. Don't try to live the way you do in the UK. If you marry an Egyptian and move there you must embrace the culture................not fight it. Learn Arabic. If you don't how can you even ask for things in shops? Learn Egyptian etiquette too as good manners are very important in Islamic culture.........and that includes a dress code!!!!

Whatever happened to you I wish you all the very best.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map