Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Luxor trip

Egypt trip
December 07, 1999 12:45PM
Anonymous User
I would like some advice on time constraints.
I want to tour Cairo (3days), Luxor - Aswan (3 days), go to Dahab to scuba (3days), then fly to Kenya for a safari (3 days), and a one-day river rafting trip in Uganda (2days), then back to Cairo and back home. We have 16 total days to do all this. Is it feasible, or am I trying to do way too much.
Please help me!
 Reply  Quote

Egypt and Kenya/Tanzania
December 16, 1999 07:20PM
Anonymous User
Todd, I have just been to Egypt and throughout Africa. Luxor is great, the Luxor and Karnak Temples just amazing, as well as the Valley of the Kings. If you have time constraints, there is no need to go to Aswan, not really much there, only a dam and Philae Temple, which is OK. I would suggest you bypass Kenya and safari in Tanzania - it is amazing. Head to Arusha and do your safari from there - Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti are far better than Kenya. Nairobi has nothing to offer, but Arusha is great. Also, Tanzania is far cheaper.
 Reply  Quote

Dahab
December 28, 1999 08:15AM
Anonymous User
Dahab is great i was there 3 years ago and for value for money, backpackers accomodation, cheap food, bedouin people you cant do better, recommended dives are The Canyon 12-50 mtrs The Bells 30 mtrs and The Lighthouse 10-18 mtrs with many dives along the shore, recommended dive place is Nesimah. Have fun..
 Reply  Quote

Luxor trip
July 07, 2000 05:03AM
By jess
Myself and a friend are coming to Luxor 5th August for 7 nights. How much money are we likely to need? Is it expensive to eat out etc? Also are there any health issues I should be aware of? Is there a great deal to see and how far is it from the main attractions of Egypt?
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map