Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Sorry, I don' agree with you

I miss home
December 07, 2006 12:54AM
Dear all
i was so excited to see this forum, i hope it still is in action , cos i would like to meet up with people on the net and be able to talk about my feelings and listen to them particularly around home Masr
I am an egyptian girl who has been living and working in UK for 4 years now and i just cant .. really cant.. and I mean by that accept the fact to be away from Egypt, inspite of all the problems, the challenges and so on , away from masr im dying everyday , cant breathe properly inspite of the clear air , cant feel happy and always have this feeling of "something is misswing" i wonder if ther is spmeone out there who feels the same?????????????
 Reply  Quote

egypt
December 08, 2006 08:15AM
Anonymous User
hello rere

im samir 35y banker from cairo, i love travelling so much but i cant wait to return back home after maximum a month, hope to be ur friend and ill be happy to answer all ur questions, any plans about coming here soon, do u enjoy life in uk?

ael_husseiny@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

If I were you, I would...
December 08, 2006 11:25PM
(If I were in your position, I would NEVER hesitate taking the first plane back to Egypt)

You know rere, once, I travelled abroad for 1 month, however that country was richier and more harmonious than Egypt, I felt there was something missing, something that can be hardly described; maybe the taste and hidden/obvious beauty of Egypt. I felt I wish I could go back in a blink of eye to my lovely country which am really enchanted with and kiss its sand willing not to leave it once again. Egypt Really deserves to be called "Mother of the World" (Um el-donya). you aroused my awareness of how far am in love with Egypt and I got really interested to share such thoughts with you, if you never mind of-course.

Muhammad
mu7_eg@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

egyptians
December 09, 2006 11:17AM
Oh nice man
so nice to hear from you,
so you have the same conditiion , dont you ? because not everyone is like that and I wonder what is the difference that makes some of us so sensitive , is it home sickness ? is it the family ? freinds maybe ? I dont realy know . what about you? what do you think you miss most when travel / and then how do you feel when you come back? As for me , Im not really sure of my plans , but maybe Ill do something crazy and try to come even for one week in January . Life in Uk is nice in some aspects, I mean its a first world country so logical comparision to living in a third world country like Egypt should be clear but no I dont enjoy it inspite of everything and inspite that I try my best to mix in the society and in the culture so it must be me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Reply  Quote

more of us
December 09, 2006 11:30AM
Mohamed
you would never beleive how good to that ther are more people that feel like me and Im not a stand alone nut case, because my family back at home always blame me when I share those thoughts with them and they accuse me of being really crazy and they start going on about the conditions at home and how the situation is changing from bad to worse saying to me that im lucky and I dont apreciate it. As for going back , I wish it was that easy , dont get me wrong , I didnt come here cos of any pressure , I made a decision totally willingly, as a matter of fact i have been dreaming about it and i worked for it for years , that why I feel so surprised with myself, what do you think of that? a bit crazy aint it ?
 Reply  Quote

Once, ....
December 10, 2006 02:13PM
Once, a kid has lost his mother in the market, he kept crying untill a man sympathized with him and asked what's wrong him. "I 've lost my mother", replied the kid. So, the man kept searching for the mother of the kid, but in vain. Whenever the man says "Why don't u go with any of these beautiful, rich, dandy ladies as if she were ur mother?", the kid refuses with tears in eyes. The kid loves her mother not bcz of being beautiful or rich; he loves his mom bcz she's his mom, regardless whatever her condition is. (Have you got the point?)

Each one of us loves his country not bcz of being whatever, it's in our nature. As for me, I love Egypt not only bcz of being my mother, I love it bcz it really deserves to be loved from the bottom of heart, as if Egypt has digged its love on my heart and veins, as if it has enchanted me to see no other beauty but its beauty.

To be continued!
Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

Sorry ya rere
December 10, 2006 03:53PM
Am really sorry ya rere.. I was planing to write to you after finishing my work but I 've to catch an appointment right now. Will write to you tomorrow morning Insha' Allah

Have a nice night dreaming-Egyptian girl winking smiley
Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

Nop, it's not crazy...
December 11, 2006 01:19PM
No ya rere, it's not crazy to feel you miss home after been fighting for several years to move to another country; we don't value things we have untill we lose them. It's same what happened to me when I travelled abroad before after dreaming about doing so. You know ya Rere, I never feel myself as I do when I walk at Al Korneish street and take a Faloca (boat) in the charming Nile river. Have u experienced that feeling before? Have u felt that amazing feeling when walking on the Nile Castle Bridge "Kobry Qasr el Neil" in a cold night but feeling very warm and happy inside out of loving the place and feeling you belong to it to bones? If you come on January, do NOT forget to try it.

Waiting for more of your warm-thoughts ya Rere.

Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

nifsy
December 12, 2006 11:44PM
Mohamed
hi ya walad
when I find a contact from you i feel really happy ,
I want to talk to you a lot but I am realy nackered (ya3ni very tired by english terms) , so I just thought to say a quick hello and speak to you again tomorow .
Bytheway are you sure about the floka in January? wouldnt it be a bit cold ? I ll go by your advice if you recomend it , I ll do anything in Masr .
bye for now.
 Reply  Quote

Just try it!
December 13, 2006 04:06PM
Rere,
You know, if you try taking a faloka in the winter once, you will never forget it. Just get warmly-dressed, and do not forget to go with crazy friends (maganen); it will be a fantastic night winking smiley
Waiting for your mail ya Rere (which I really feel pleased while reading)
Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

How I Hate and love Egypt
December 13, 2006 11:58PM
I am an Egyptian who live and work in UK too I agree with all what you all saying I just get back from Egypt 3 days ago I go back 3 times a year but to tell you the truth I can not believe how frustrating to be in Egypt and see how people behave with each others in the street when you driving your car every where you go people have not respect to Themselves or to each others make me wonder if I do not have family and friends there would I go back again and for what you do not feel how bad it is unless you go away for a while and live abroad not just a holiday or a month trip why we are that bad we always proud to say we are a forgiven people but that is not true if you step on someone feet he will burn you waiting in a queue people jump in front of you with no respect what so ever I really hate to say are we people in denial who do not know who we really are or what sorry I am not playing in the same song of how wonderful Egypt are but I want to face the music to really try to fix it
Have a look on this and let me know what do you think
 Reply  Quote

Sorry, I don' agree with you
December 14, 2006 03:39PM
Lemme start my words asking you a question, where do u think the perfect society exist? In Europe? The States? Asia? It doesn' exist dear, neither here, nor anywhere else, right?
Another question, as long as you reject such behaviors you don' like of Egyptian, it means u 're a good person and don' behave the same, right? Do you think all good people like you have travelled abroad or most of them still live in Egypt? I assume u say Nop, the majority still here in Egypt. So, maybe it's ur misfortune to not meet or deal with those good majority and to see & deal with the base cases only, am I right?

Each country or group of people has good and bad members, even the Western society u like living in has its faults too. Can you tell me who killed hundreds of thousands of Egyptians a few decades ago? Aren't those the colonized British people? Who have killed 750.000 persons in Japan in 1 strike and has just done scandal of Abu Ghareeb jail in Iraq (and still doing actually)? Do you think if a Western person sees u injured in the street he will stop to help you (Don't expect from him more than making a phone-call to the ambulance to come to take u and he will step away as if u were a dead dog?
Don't get me wrongly, I don' have any bad feelings against the Western society, am just giving proofs that each place has good and bad behaviors.
Well, my last question is, if all good persons leave their countries for the bad one, who will stay to correct the mis-deeds of those bad people? Who will stay to say that's right and that's wrong?
I really wish to close my eyes opening them to find all of us living in a better world for all humans
Waiting for more of your thoughs
Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

difference in opinion
December 14, 2006 10:50PM
he ya folks
great discution and wonderful argument , i mean that is exactly what is making me feel exagerated emotions all the time , its because no clear right or wrong but really lots of different attitude.
i do agree with the opinion saying that things in Egypt are continuosly deteriorating and can be frustrating and it hurts to say so and I wouldnt accept it if anyone saying that was not a countryman , i would feel its like "shitema" , but , to my surprise it doesnt change the way I feel and I again agree with the opinion saying that we countrymen who love and care about their country should think of the best way to help change this and its definitly not by being away and just observe , hurt and crtiticise ... but what can we do ????????????

we have to be 100% aware that the western world is less and less accepting of us , and the only hope for future generations is a better country or we will end up slaves in the world after we egyptians were masters for centuries.

Pleas tell me what do you think we can do , waiting to hear from you.
 Reply  Quote

How I hate to love Egypt Now
December 14, 2006 11:41PM
First of all I lived almost all my life in Egypt I only lived a broad more than 5 years only but I used to travel for a week or two and back home again I am not under any western influence or anything I am still Mohamed who pray 5 times a day in Egypt and in Uk so I am not a khwaga scandal of Abu Ghareeb jail in Iraq is happening by egyptain to egypain every day in the egyptain police stations you can have a look here and tell me what do you think http://misrdigital.blogspirit.com/archive/2006/12/06/ÂÎÑ-ÊØæÑÇÊ-ãæÖæÚ-ÖÈÇØ-ÇáÊÚÐíÈ.html
And if you read the history we will find that every country had a very shaming History read what the japans did to the china’s and the Korean what our army use to do in Sudan and Yaman and more and more in that matter there are no angels here
(Do you think if a Western person sees u injured in the street he will stop to help you (Don't expect from him more than making a phone-call to the ambulance to come to take u and he will step away as if u were a dead dog? )

My answer to that I Had a lethal accident 2 years ago and I had lot of people around they called the ambulance and waited with me supporting me all the time no one try to get me out of the car because any wrong movement let result a lot of damage and also 6 month ago my car brake dawn and I had more than 6 cars stopping to ask if I need any help I used to say like you because the media in our country always had this image and we believed it in the other hand one of my friends in Egypt hate by a car in Cairo and the driver did not even stop and my friend lost his life and left 3 kids so let us really focus in our problems and stop caring how is the west looking to us who care why we care so much in everything we do how the west will look to us we need self criticism to see what we became and try to fix it and stop blaming the others once the USA once Uk once Israel because all we do it finding someone to balm so we feel good about ourselves the French and the British does not still blaming Germany about the first and the second war they get in with their life Japan doesn’t still moaning from USA they get in with their life and they built their country they even alliance to USA now I am not a man who left his country and start blaming it I am a man who invest in my country and heart bleeding of what it became so we need to see the truth about what we became and start work to fix it not just deny it and say we are good people and feel complacent about our life that is why every body moving and we still standing
All I see when I am in Egypt everybody try to mimic the western way of life in everything but not the western behaviour why and how they are 10 step over us I hope I am not offending anybody but I am a countryman and have the right to criticises my country

Mohamed
 Reply  Quote

Sorry for being late...
December 16, 2006 02:51PM
Imagine yourself living all yourlife in a ship in a restless sea with your family, friends, and all whom you love, dealt with, met, or even smiled to in ur life. If it happens that your realize that the ship is about to sink because some of its members are making holes in its body, whether deliberately or not, tell me what will you do? Will you just get yourself out of the ship searching for another ship to continue your journey in and leaving all whom you love meet their sad destiny there? Even if you do, what will you do if you find other ruiners on the new ship trying to make it sink? Will you leave it also searching for a third ship? Won't you miss the meaning of home by leaving your ship for the first time? What will you feel when you remember your folks whom you 've left in the ship dying? Will it make your conscious live in peace when you remember all you 've left behind to remember them sadly with tears in eyes and saying I had to do; there were ruiners there and the ship was going to sink any ways?

If I were in a similar situation, I would stay in the ship I 've been raised in among all whom I lovedoing my best to fix those stupid holes and preventing those ruiners from making more holes. Even if I fail and die with the ship, I 'll die with a not-blaming conscious that I 've done my best to ship which my fathers and grandfathers have been building and maintaining for thousands of years for me, my kids, and my grandchilds.

Got the point?

Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

How I hate to love Egypt
December 17, 2006 01:27AM
Dear Muhammad

You took what I am trying to say out of contest we are not talking here about leaving your country and your family in a ship and jump in another we are talking here about the people behaviour declining who care about who leave his country and go away even Prophet Mohamed (s) left Mecca to built a new life for his message
By the way I live in Uk 7 month and Egypt 5 month so I did not leave Egypt really and even if I did !!!!
So migrating to another country not a crime
My topic want to spot the light on the deteriorating of the Egyptian behaviour with each other and how hypocrite we became in our life
And do not ask me does not the west have that too yes they have all that but not in the same scale like us if they are 10% we are 300% more why they are not better than us 60 years ago all Europe was completely destroyed.
Unfortunately our majority is very lazy nasty to each other we can be nice to any khwaga visit in Egypt or high position people but the minute we turn our head to someone less than us we start to show our real face anyone even one step over you at work or anywhere abuse anyone under him and that is go on and on unfortunately we became like a group of sheep we have no choice or government or president or even way of life no wonder
Please understand my point and do not turn it to patriotic lecture
YA BAKHET MIN BAKANI AND BAKA EL NAS ALIA
 Reply  Quote

egypt more and more
December 17, 2006 05:57PM
hi all
first of all.i like to interduce myself.my name khalid 37 years old.from egypt and i live in norway since 2 years.i would like to say that every one have his own facts about his country and feelings.i am here importing things from egypt to sell it in norwegian markets.till now my buisness is not as good as i wish.but i go back to egypt every month for 1 week.i buy any thing i find it new to show it in norway.every day i miss egypt alot although i go often.no one was laying when said if you ever drink from the nile you go back.just having your drink in coffee shop with friends is better feelings than being in any other country all over the world.the taste of food in egypt has the flavour you wont find it anywhere else.when i was working for tourists in egypt.i used to see them complain about every thing.but they always go back to egypt.i guess here is the secret.egypt touches people souls and hearts.the once you are there you never want to leave.how many writer wrote books about how great egypt is?how many countries invaded egypt for advantages?have you ever find authors and writers wrote the same about other countries?when you find answers for those questetions.you will find out why egypt
but at the same time i also have my comments about manners.the way people treat strangers and each others
its so sad that we taought all the world sivilisation but we are packward now
anyway...........ladies and gentle men...i dont come to this forum often.so hope you will contact me in this mail address
tantra33egy30@yahoo.com
or
khaeli@hotmail.com
p.s am going to egypt in january for 1 month
khalid
 Reply  Quote

hello everybody..
December 19, 2006 01:49PM
Assalamu 3laikum everybody.. Sorry for being late.. you know am Mr. busy.. hehe smiling smiley.. just work has been overloading last days (Am working as a technical translator for Microsoft in an indirect way).
Now, let's start with Muhammad:
Have u ever heard about "Looking at the full-half of the cup" ya Muhammad? Can't u imagine how much frustred will u become if u keep looking at the empty-half of the cup all the time? Have you heard about the homeless people in the States who live in streets and eat from garbages? Why don't Americans look at horrible thing in America and become frustrated of their country like you do with Egypt? Why don't u look at good things in Egypt as a full-half of the cup? Don't tell me there r not. As for me, when I look at the full-half of Rgypt, I find it bigger than the empty one. As for saying that Egyptians just wait for the chance to crush and plot those who 're in lower ranks than them, I don' agree with them, it depends according to the place itself. Am working for 18 months so far in my current company, I never experienced such things, moreover, I take my breakfast with the big-boss herself most of the time, and all employers here, whatever their ranks or ages are, deal with each as real brothers and kidnly. Man, try to make ur eyes catch the pleasent-images, u will see life more beautiful, believe me.

Rere.. where r u girl? Don't tell me you 've taken ur white-flying horse back to Egypt to take a faloka in the Nile.. hehe smiling smiley

Khaled.. really nice hearing from you man, I agree with mostly, that's the same an American friend has told me 2 days ago when I went to say good bye to him (coz he's travelling abroad from Egypt) and asking him what's his impression so far about Egypt. When we were in the faloka, he's stretched his hands to drink from the Nile and said: "I do this coz I heard that whoever drinks from the Nile river will come back to it". When did u say will u come to Egypt? smiling smiley

Yours,
Muhammad
 Reply  Quote

rere
December 26, 2006 06:12PM
Anonymous User
i hope that ur ok rere and still willing to come to cairo next january, ill be more than pleased to meet u here in cairo and be ur guide here during all ur stay , whoknows maybe i come to london soon and ask the same from u, i hope ur having a wonderfull career in uk and enjoying ur stay there, also i was very happy to hear that ur doing ur best with trying to socialise with people there.

write to me

samir
 Reply  Quote

read ur words, made me more sad..iam egyptian guy..accustomed to reavel abroad occasionaly..i live abroad now for 2 years and half, did not have the chance to return back..honestly i do not know if i really want to go back or not..some times i listen to warda singing walla zaman ya masr, walla zaman ya neel..make me cry, i miss my country..my friends..you know some times i feel egyptians are unique..they can be great if only start to work hardly and..
lets mail each other
mine is mwahbaa@gmail.com
regards
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map