Africa Guide
recommended trip :

advice

Accommadation in Cairo
July 11, 2004 04:48PM
Anonymous User
We are traveling to Cairo during Oct, we are only having a flying visit of 5 nights and I am wanting advice for accomadation. Is it best to stay in Cairo for easy accesibility to tourist sites or can you get away with staying in a place further out. The holiday Inn has a place in Hurghada, is this too far away or is the transport easy to arrange? Our budget for accomadation will be about $250US. I'm reading but everyone has good advice on these forums and i'd like some help.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Accomodation in Cairo
August 18, 2004 11:29PM
Anonymous User
Yes, def. stay in Cairo, it is much easier to get around to the various sites this way, as is the case for most other large, sprawling cities. Cairo is a massive city (something like 18 million population) with many neighborhoods, and a vast suburbs as well - you don't want to spend too much time navigating to get around the city, depending on what you plan to see. Last time I was there, we stayed in a furnished apartment in Zamalek. Zamalek is on the island of Gezirah in the centre of the Nile in Cairo - very nice area and a lot of foreigners stay there. We struck a deal with a cab driver and had him drive us spots every day - pyramids, museum, bazaar, etc. which wasn't too expensive and worked out very well. Or you can do bus tours. Don't ever think of renting a car to drive your self around either. People drive like maniacs!! I recommend a furnished apartment if you're like me and get sick of eating out everyday. They are not too expensive at all (I've seen many advertised for $50 and up per day and in very central areas in Cairo.

Regarding Hurgada - it is many miles away - on the Red Sea in fact, and no where near Cairo. It's a resort area famous for its amazing scuba diving. Hope this info helps.
 Reply  Quote

thankyou
August 19, 2004 08:43AM
Anonymous User
I just would like to say thankyou to the responses I recieved about accomadation in Cairo. It is very helpful indeed especially when you don't have much time and when I'm finding it difficult to read my way through the travel guides. Thanks again and I will take your advice with me.

Phoebe
 Reply  Quote

furnished Apartment
August 19, 2004 10:10AM
Anonymous User
Dear Sherglue

I was just wondering if you had the name and contacts of the appartment you stayed at whilest in Cairo. This information would be helpful as we were wanting to book something before we arrived.
I hope your able to help.
Phoebe
 Reply  Quote

Furnatured Appartment
August 24, 2004 08:06AM
Anonymous User
I have one and could rent it for you
but not in city center exact but will like you
contact me at challanmb@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Taxi hire
November 04, 2004 06:46PM
Anonymous User
Trying put together a budget for independent travel to egypt here...

How much does it cost to hire a taxi for a day to go sightseeing, etc.?

Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

advice
November 05, 2004 08:32PM
Anonymous User
i have a cheap price hotel in cairo if you want to book for you

thanks
omar
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map