Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Some more generalisations

Africa
October 24, 2001 03:48PM
By lucy
For what they are worth , a few of our wild generalisations!SA- modern, huge, varied.
Zim-good infrastructure, expensive, you have seen the press..
Bots-fantabulous,wild,pricey..
Zambia-wild,bigless touristy..
Kenya-more touristy,poor infrastructure..good coast and bush..have fun!
 Reply  Quote

Some more generalisations
October 25, 2001 04:25AM
Anonymous User
Allow me to add some more generalisations:
South Africa: Extremely good value for money on food and lodging, pretty good trains, the worst car traffic I have ever experienced
Mozambique: Poor country, low value for money on lodging
Botswana: Chobe National Park has spectacular wildlife
Zimbabwe: Petrol queues and people begging for foreign news papers, double exchange rates on foreign currency
Zambia: Best side to watch the Victoria Falls (but should be watched from both sides), the least maintained railway system I have ever seen
Tanzania: Low value for money on lodging, beautiful landscapes, especially around Victoria Lake, Dar-es-Salaam a charming city, Zanzibar definitely worth a visit
Kenya: Not very friendly, Nairobi the worst city I have ever visited, Mombasa much better (where Oceanic Hotel gives you good value for money), the best ordinary trains in all Southern and East Africa
 Reply  Quote

ADVICE ON WHERE TO GO
July 03, 2001 06:21PM
By EMMIED
AM LOOKING TO TRAVEL ROUND AFRICA...COUNTRIES I HAD IN MIND.....BOTSWANA,TANZANIA,SOUTH AFRICA,ZIMBABWE,ZAMBIA,NAMIBIA,KENYA....
HAS ANYONE TOURED AROUND THAT CAN ADVISE ON GOOD AND BAC PLACES TO GO OR ANY COMPANIES THAT DO GOOD ALL OVER TOURS.....THANKS
 Reply  Quote

Botswana, SA, Zimbabwe
July 04, 2001 01:19AM
Anonymous User
Hi

I live in Botswana and have travelled quite a bit (mostly in Bots but also South africa and Zimbabwe)

Botswana is a bit expensive for the foregin visitor as it has a policy of a high cost, low policy tourism. But it is WELL WORTH it - the wilderness experience unbeatable. Moremi and Chobe game reserves are a must, but every reserve has its own special character. A safari in Botswana is a true wilderness experience, you need to be 100% self sufficient (fuel, water etc). Central Kalahari is the most remote, very special - Nxai pan is worth a visit as well...

As for South Africa, Eastern Transvaal, Cape Town are the two places I would recommend, beautiful. Kruger Nat. Park is too developed in my view but some people enjoy that.

Zimbabwe is becoming less and less viable for the tourist, not necissarily due to the political situation, but all the prices have been hiked - to get into places like Victoria Falls is very expensive now, and fuel prices are exhorbitant. Dont write it off completely.

If you'd like any particular info on these places (particularly Bots) I'd be happy to help...

I have a website, but it hasnt been updated in a while, there is a bit of info on Botswana and some pictures though - and some links to Botswana sites

Cheers,

Andy Raggett
www.andyraggett-botswana.com
andyraggett@africamail.com
 Reply  Quote

THANKS
July 07, 2001 02:28PM
Anonymous User
Hi, Thanks for that,I will have a read through your site....
cheers again
Emma
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map