Africa Guide
recommended trip :

help to africa

Helping Africa
September 19, 2005 02:21AM
Hello,

I'm new to this site and found it by a google search of "help Africa forums". I started getting interested of helping the continent a few hours ago after watching the amazing movie "The constant Gardner".
I always knew the situation in Africa is horrible, that maybe more than any other place on the face of the planet people are desperate for help, for any kind of ade. But I never thought about the problem the way I do now after watching the movie.

When I got home I immediately entered the Internet to start my way of helping, it's a small thing I think I can and should do. I'm not a millionaire, or a powerful man (I'm 18 btw), but I see myself as one with solid thoughts and opinions, a one that can help.

I want to be part of a community that seeks the same, and I was wondering if I got to the right place, and what is the right why to start helping.

Thank you.
 Reply  Quote

help to africa
September 21, 2005 03:29PM
By winners
There exist a lot of needy projects and institutions in africa. in that case you may have to specify who you have compassion on, are they the young,women,physically challenged,children,ophans,HIV+ and the list goes on and on.

You may also have to specify which country Africa is a wide continent with many countries.we have East,west,central,south and north.

all the best in this and i hope it helps you as you begin the journey.
 Reply  Quote

I Invite You To Africa
September 26, 2005 02:38PM
Dear Friend,
Your words count so much if put into action. And the only way to put your words into use is to understand your available time, expertize and contact.

I am returning to Uganda, my home Country where I work for Non Governmental Organizations, both local and international ones.

Thank you for caring
Contact me via my e-mail or so.
 Reply  Quote

save the rural
October 03, 2005 09:18AM
By NEEMA26
Dear sir
that you for your attention ,i would like to inform you about the rural areas in AFRICA ,Ignorant,disease and poverty are vital to their darkness .I have an evidence to my reseach dissertation .

please think about save the rural poor
 Reply  Quote

IMPORTANT
October 22, 2005 10:09AM
KINDLY CONTACT ME ON THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU ALL THE RELAVANT INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY NEED AND YOU WONT REGRET I WORK WITH THE MOST SUFFERING PEOPLE IN AFRICA AND YOU NEED TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU
BERNARD
 Reply  Quote

i wanna know how!
November 14, 2005 12:59AM
Hello i'm very interested in how can i go and help there, i'm in 5ª year of medicine in Peru and i was wondering if there is a chance to go there to make my intern.Knowing if there are hospitals or non profits than can help me to achiev this dream to go and help there.
Hope can help me to help more brothers and sisters there
Jhamil Hinojosa
 Reply  Quote

Help needed
November 16, 2005 11:47AM
Anonymous User
You will certainly change a lot of lives once you start giving help. A more fun way of doing it, will be coming here and research for only two weeks the type of people who really need your help.

Send me an email link for further infor
 Reply  Quote

Hello,

Thank you for your interest to help us.

Please help communities through self help projetcs.

For more details read other message posted under the above heading, O.K.
 Reply  Quote

Join Me...
November 19, 2005 03:15PM
By Salim
I live in Denmark and have the same goals as you have.I hope you will be contact me and tell me more about you so we can get to know each other and tell you what I do for Dissable children in Africa.Gots some fotos from my last project in Kenya and Tanzania.Get back to me..See ya!
 Reply  Quote

good idea
August 24, 2007 09:55AM
That's a very good idea to help but be careful who are dealing with in Africa, we have a lot of brief case guys.
 Reply  Quote

unique volunteer opportunities in Ghana
August 30, 2007 11:44AM
By spyke
Volunteer Corp Organization offers volunteer opportunity for gap year student,graduates,and any willing and able person from all the world to help develop rural areas of Ghana where people are desperate need both physical and material support.No skills is required,just challenge yourself and try out new food,learn different culture and see nice sites of Ghana.Programs are availbale all year round.
 Reply  Quote

Thanks for that Heart
August 30, 2007 12:58PM
Dear Colleguea, thanks for being with that heart to help. There's an organization here in Uganda that i think you can try to help. It's called Another Hope Children's Ministries. It has children it's looking after, these children really need help. The most pressing need are beddings and food, some times they only have one meal a day.

I do work with it

You can check for more information on www.anotherhope.org or you can email me.

thanks for your heart
 Reply  Quote

hello
August 30, 2007 03:21PM
hi, i also do voluntery work in the recnt years. maybe you can contact me and we chat more.
 Reply  Quote

Keep in touch
August 30, 2007 05:22PM
Anonymous User
Dear Sir, thanks for your smart mind concerning africa. Kindly keep in touch with me. I'm a pastor and would be happy to hookup with you. Thanks, from Mombasa.
 Reply  Quote

Offering perspective on Africa
September 13, 2007 02:16PM
By pbar
LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-07 AT 03:23 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-07 AT 03:18 PM (GMT)

"I always knew the situation in Africa is horrible, that maybe more than any other place on the face of the planet people are desperate for help, for any kind of ade."

Africa may have problems But It not a horrible place
as such. This is a place for truly happy people on the face of the earth, if at all the earth has a face, regardless of there problems. If this what is meant by "horrible situation, ....on the face of the earth"

For "ade" I don't know what this means.

There are similar areas of poverty in the so called developed world with desperate people of we marginalise and call them names as druggies instead of helping them. And they do sleep in gutters and live in slums.

I have worked in Africa for years and there is both the good life and problems like any other place on earth.

Regards
 Reply  Quote

Know about Africa-Tanzania
September 18, 2007 05:37AM
By maasai
Hi!!

I have been in different countries in Africa,offcourse its my home countinent.

I wonder outside of Africa and what i learn was people were limited with information about Africa.They dont realy get what they want about Africa but they normally get what people want to show ot tell them

Now its your turn to learn and discover yourself!! You will be amaizing on how pretty and wonderful destination.That why i like Africa.

Ole Maasai!!
 Reply  Quote

Good idea friend.
September 18, 2007 06:25AM
Its good to hear about someone who needs to help people, am also helping with a local NGO and am a Tanzanian by citizen, if you would build that interest please just call me on +255787442422 or email me on bwiiremugeta@hotmail.com

If you are serious i will be greatful to heare because its true our fellow africans are suffering without help.

Am called Bwire Mugeta working with Core Initiative in Tanzania.

goodluck.
 Reply  Quote

RE:
October 19, 2007 06:25AM
Anonymous User
Dear,
May God Bless you for your heart, on my mind i see this things miss from africa, is luck of knowledge which those who knows doesn't want to give to those who need it, well my answer is better to take those ophanage and send them to school to open their minded and brain then they will help themself even if you were not there.
am from tanzania.
 Reply  Quote

Need help from
November 08, 2007 11:22AM
LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-07 AT 11:24 AM (GMT)

Hello papterpayne,

It's only that I have gone through google and saw your ms on how you are in need of helping we Africans. Thanks for that and god bless.
For my case, I would like to cry for my own for help from you. I'm name is Fatuma Nyagonchera from Tanzanian in Africa and the only way of conctacting me by calling this number. +255754945939 and by following the obove email adress.

Regards,

Fatuma
 Reply  Quote

African Youth
November 13, 2007 04:33PM
By malkia
Hellow,
I'm from Tanzania, 31yrs old female,
If you real mean to help Africa, I will advice you come and visit Africa too,Africa is a beautiful and Wealth Continent but African people doesnt now how to use this treasure,and call themselve poor. And it brought the situation to worse at the moment..
For me I think to encorouge especial Youth and when youth raise it will raise up the society, country and at last the whole Continet..
In Tanzania we have many youth who are idol they came from village and think to come to town is to succeed and end up with crime and drugs, prostitution,,
If you real want to help, I have my ideas of collecting youth together and we decide what we can do as a very small project and start from there, as I belive if youth stand Africa will raise from poor.

If you are interrested I would send you my project idea for youth
My email: Malkia1976@yahoo.com or Malkia76@yahoo.com

Yours Malkia
 Reply  Quote

to RapterPayne
January 14, 2008 10:50AM
It is wonderfull to have such a heart...We do not need to be wealthy before helping others; we can help different way. I am 36 female from Togo and living here, I am not rich but i do help others as i can; sometimes, only by staying by their side and listening to them. we do raise time to time fund for small projects, which allow us to generate more fund to help others. I do hate this situation of poverty, aids, social and economy crises but I work hard so that in a near future we stop waitting for other countries to help us.

World is changed but those who have good ideas and compassion.
Hope to meet you one day or work together
Massan Amevor
 Reply  Quote

Prayers for African
February 06, 2008 08:46PM
By gidcco
Dear , thanks for being with that heart to help. There's an organization here in Uganda called GIDCCO that i think you can try to help.It has 500 children fORSTOR and 15 at the orphanage it's looking after, these children really need help. The most pressing need are beddings and food, sponsorship some times they only have one meal a day. You can check for more information on http://uganda.heartofgodinternational.com or you can email me.

Hope Missionary Baptist Church
C/o Pastor Fred Mwanje
P.o Box 5164 Jinja Uganda
East Africa
Email:gidcco@yahoo.co.uk

Let me hear from you if you may help in any away
God bless
Pastor Fred.
 Reply  Quote

Your nice to meet in Uganda Africa
February 06, 2008 09:11PM
By gidcco
The Heart: James 1:27 - To go out and show the pure and undefiled love of Christ… To love without words.

The Vision: Isaiah 61; Luke 4:18-19. To go out and help orphans and widows, to bring knowledge and light to dark places, to show love in more ways than just speech. Rebuilding homes, villages and lives while spreading the word of God and restoring hope to those who have lost all hope, because without hope a man is dead. The I dea is to provide hope through planting churches, preaching the gospel, rebuilding villages, or by providing help to those in need. Reaching out to the poor of the poorest.
http://uganda.heartofgodinternational.com

Pastor Fred.
 Reply  Quote

Helping Africa
February 10, 2008 06:45AM
By bubbag
Hello there, just read your email today. I must say you touched my heart and am sure many others too by the words of wisdom, hope and the will to help others and especially the poor that you probably saw on the movie"constant Gardener ". At 18, and thinking big as you are and love to help the millions of poor people of AFRICA is great and very moving. I want to thank you for the thought in the first place and the wisdon at your age. You motivated and inspired me and am sure many too and I wish i could be of any help to you tomachieve this goal and make your wish come true and you be happy that you did and also put a smile to some else across the oceans.

I am African, born and raised in Kenya and now living in the USA. So even though I havent seen the movie you saw I believe you and understand and probably know what you are talking about where you are coming from a hundred percent.
Africa is very very large and its a continent carrying many countries with people of different tribes and traditions. Majority of very poor people including. So its hard to advise you on where to start in the whole continent or even a a whole country. So from a personal point of view I will talk of small country villages or Districts in tthe Rifty Valley Province because thats where i was born and raised and i know and understand the grass roots of every day life of the people. In Narok, Kajiado, Turkana, marsabit and even Naivasha and Kiambogo in Nakuru districts because these are places we know well. The rest of Kenya and Africa as a whole, others, please advice.
Africa and Kenya in general is very beautiful, warm climate with very pleasant temperatures and more over very good kind and hospitapal people despite the hard circumstances surrounding them in everyday life.
My guess is 80 to 90 percent of the population are poor and the few districts I mentioned comprises of the poor and poorest and their desperate needs are as follows to mention a few.

(1) LACK OF EDUCATION, especially to high School and college not to mention to university due to luck of resources and long distance walk to and from school. I mean few schools in the rich of local cammunities.
Many hardly make it to graduate elemetary school and so the few that make it end up as village dwellers, depending of their old poor parents for food and shelter, the get married to as poor a girl or young man at a very young age and start having children they cannot feed and educate, you name it.

(2) SHELTER OR HOUSING, many have very poor housing and congested with very poor sanitation. No lights so student cant do home work by night and if they have to do they use fire light, this is a bit hard for you to understand but if you can go there and see it, the better. Dangerous grass or cow dung roofs with mud walls that people inhail dust for ever. Need improved housing made of sand plus stones with ironsheets roofs which can even provide with clean rain water for drinking and domestic use. Lamps and a little room for children to study on. etc.

(3) Water, poor hygine and sanitaion and even drinking was due to lack clean water and the long distances to fetch is a delema to the people for life. Therefore, clean drinking water is crucially needed and in nearby for easy reach. Bore holes and wells needed to provide it where tap water cannot be available.

(4) Health care, The government has tried to do alot in this area and we are proud of that. But there are poor rural areas that weak and sick, ill and in pain and pregnant woman and little child have to walk very long distances to the clinic and health centers because the hospitals and miles away such that sometimes people die on their way to the hospital or waiting for transportation which is very scarce.

(5) HIV/AIDS, Africa as a whole is stricken by this scary disease, and else where. I have no accurate figures. Awareness, medication and health facilities are needed. Infact Kenya needs a type of hospital care or Nursing home for the dying, because the HIV/AIDS infected people probably out number the general illnesses people and are in the same hospitals and their own homes because there are no nusing homes in Kenya, not that I know of and in Africa too, which endagers others in hospitals and the equipment used on all of them and their families who restlessly care for them at home without professionalism and proper equipments. cloves, medications,wheel chair etc to mention afew luck most. There also mentaly ill and disabled who need help too and there are no facilities.

(6)FOOD AND CLOTHINGS AND EVEN BEDDINGS, the ophans, youth and the old and the refugees in their own land starve and there is an urgent need of food supply in almost everywhere due to luck of jobs and poor economy to mention a few.

(7) SPONSORSHIP, GIRLS AND BOyS, This group of young people equally need help especially with education because that is what the majority from very poor families luck most and educations is the strongest tool to help them with to enable them be strong people and build the nation their after. There is so much need of this all over Africa and Kenya especially in the few area i mention is crucial because, the have the smallest tribe that didnt get a chance of exposure to this privilage since indipendents.

(8) MONEY, lack of jobs, lack of good paying jobs, lack of good marketing of farm crops, like maize (white corn), beans potatoes, cows and milk which is the only resource get from their hard work in farms to feed the faily, clothe them and educate them and make aliving is never enough especially to the Traditional African faimilies. Its a struggle from childhood to adult and to old age where they dont get a chance to get education at least to college.

I cant also hesitate to mention that, Kenyans in general area very hard working people and embrace developement with both hands and anyone helping which ever group big or small canever regrate because of the enthusysm and will power and great hopes those people have in every need of their life. They just need a little help to make a different and better their life. They are also very helpful in among themselves and thats why the old and the young are now taking care of their sick, weak, poor and HIV/AIDS infected to the last minute of their breathe, they eat and drink together whatever they have. Their hard work and trong good traditions have always kept them close together and any help would be an added pleasure and dream and hope come true.

may i also mention that ignorant is not the couse of poverty. Luck of resources and grabs from the rich and powerful who tend to be the ones to lead on where the poor are involved and needs help is the worst enemy to getting every need met to every needy person. So, when helping them, its very important to make sure that everythings gets to the hands of the beneficiary.

For example, if you sponsor ten students to get through their four years of high school, make sure that they are actually 10 of them, the schools fees figures given to you are accurate etc and not 1 student in school while you are paying for ten. The reason why i mention this is because due to poverty, almost everybody tends to fill in their cup without minding of others regardless of how much they know those others need their share. Also Not many have the heart and will to help and so they simply may not care.Therefore, every strong working group and distribution is needed.

Transport, this is a big problem not to mention the rough weather roads and so a vehicle is needed for effient visit to the sponsored and to move about even if it were for you when you go down there to explore the situation. publick transportation is not efficent to run aproject.

I hope, with the few ares of needs I highlighted, will help you to figure out which area of need you could try to assist with help. From my point of view and not knowing how you intend toprovide the help to either of them or another at 18 years of age, I think its best for you to start by probably sponsoring a few young people with school fees or rather to get educated to as much as they can be it to university or colleges to enable them get jobs laiter and perhaps be better than any one without education and who knows, they may help somebody too.
Please note i don't know how much you have or can raise to do this or a biger project, but i think this can be the best to start with as well as to get you know the country and the people while you get on with your college as i asume you could be or to prepare you to take a bigger project. Other wise you are very free and you have a right to choose what you may be comfortable with. Wish you all the best in your endevours.

Many thanks.
 Reply  Quote

help
November 29, 2008 08:56PM
Heloo folks,
My name is Nemata Kamara,and im 24 years old. I was born and raised in west Africa, sierra Leone but currently living in the United States. Few weeks ago i read about the maternal and child death rate in Africa. For example, in sierra leone, 1 in 7 women dies during labor. I will love to start a mon profit to help reduce the rate of maternal and child death rate in africa. Im in the early stage of researching and will love to hear ur advice, support and maybe join me to help reduce maternal and child death in africa. Please email me at nemabass@live.com or nemapee@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Faith Humanitarian And Environmental Project
I went through your article and was really happy with your opinion.We are non-profit making charity organization based in Cameroon in Central Africa; our mission is to help habour and save; the underpriviledged as wel as homeless children abandonned in our streets. we will be grateful to welcome your assistance in any form. Our email is contac.fahumep@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Hi
December 01, 2008 11:24PM
Hi

I hope today finds you well. I felt greatly impressed after reading
your profile today. My name is MARY Please I have some thing to discuss with you . I will like you to write me on my email address; mary05mark@yahoo.fr to enable us discuss in details.

I hope hearing from you soonest.
Thanks for your understanding.
MARY
 Reply  Quote

I am graduate who have been helping people in Africa in the remote areas, really its good course and also you fee3l great when you achieve something for poor people.
Are you really ready to help because there are alot of challenge, how would you like to help my dear?
 Reply  Quote

Re: Helping Africa
August 22, 2011 01:24PM
hello,thanks for helping,the good place to help is Africa,my mum and dad want to set up a orphanage in Ghana to help the kids in Ghana,if u are interested to help us set up the orphanage let me know.email is wafoakwah@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Re: Helping Africa
August 24, 2011 08:50AM
There are lot many ways in which you can help people in Africa. Like you can teach the poor students, help elders, etc..you can also join some volunteer programs conducted by various firms to help people in Africa in one and other way.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map