Africa Guide
recommended trip :

LOW COST HOUSING

Hello,

My wife and I are considering a move (from London, UK) to another part of the world. We've lived in Ireland, South Africa, France, USA and the UK. This time we're looking for a comparatively low-cost long-stay rental somewhere quiet but spectacular to concentrate on our writing. Open source software in my case.

My profession, unfortunately, requires that I have a dependable 'always on' and preferably broadband internet connection.

Does anyone have suggestions for a suitable place? It seems tough to find one, mostly due to my internet requirement.

Please feel free to respond via email, or in the forums. Thanks!

niall
 Reply  Quote

Reply - Long term etc.
June 22, 2005 04:59PM
Anonymous User
Hi Niall,
May have what you're looking for but not completely sure of all your 'requirements'..
E-mail me if the following might fit - quiet farm envrionment, broadband, nice house, nice views and walks BUT in Zambia, social life limited, shops ok but nothing great .. but near Luangwa Valley ... don't know how you plan to sort Immigration 'long-term'. How long is it? How low rental wise is low? Other requirements?
Please feel free to e-mail me if the basics of above seem like they might be a fit.
 Reply  Quote

LOW COST HOUSING
June 24, 2005 05:31AM
By wachira
I would suggest you come to Kenya where you can find peace and low budget housing in all the major towns whci are connected to internet.
You could even stay in cottages at a place like Lake Naivasha or Lake Nakuru Nakuru which are close to the towns with facilities yet they are part of the wild . email for details.
 Reply  Quote

somewhere spectacular!
July 15, 2005 08:52PM
Anonymous User
Hi i would reckon somewhere like Asilah in Morocco, its very quiet and yet pretty much everything you need is nearby, clean and interesting medina, both moroccan and european which ever feeling youre wanting at the time , lovely coast line and eating out is cheap and excellent with seafood and also excellent fruit and vege souks brought in fresh by the local growers.
It also has good internet connections, i use the cybercafe frequently and always get fast connection/usage.
It has a small hospital for minor complaints or Tangier is only 45 mins away and Spain is only an hour away by ferry from Tangier.

Nice walks along the coast line too.
Its quiet and people leave you alone if you wish, and as stimulating as you wish - you may want to attend any art events at the international gallery conference centre.
and there is the international arts festival there every july.
and longterm you can rent a nice selfcontained apartment - large spacish, tv etc for as low as £10 a night. let me know and i have contacts who can find you choices. we stay there frequently and have always got somewhere even when we turn up at 11pm at night.
And its all only 45 minutes from what you might want at Tangier or the ferry terminal back to spain and flights from Gibraltar or Malaga which can be very cheap with Monarch, British Airways or Easyjet.
Its also on the trainline so if you want to jump on a train to Marrakech, Casablanca, Rabat or Fes.... and lots of grande taxis and buses to get around to say places like wonderful Chefchouen.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map