Africa Guide
recommended trip :

safe country

Safety in Africa
March 06, 2005 07:35PM
LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-05 AT 10:43 PM (GMT)

Hello,

Every year myself and a group of my best friends take an extended summer trip (approx. 3-4wks, depending on location)

This year we were hoping to travel to Africa

We were wondering which countries would be the safest to travel to for a group of college girls

(where is robbery, rape, etc, most prevalent? least prevalent?)

thanks for the help!

Jen
 Reply  Quote

safe country
March 07, 2005 06:07AM
By kwalel
"yes" kenya is the safest country believe it!!!
it is the country you will not need even the guide,no robberry,cool,there is wildlife the real Africa culture and many Natural things of it's on.
so ledies welcome to kenya...for more assistance you're free to contact me.
the kenyan boy
frank
 Reply  Quote

re: Safety in Africa
March 07, 2005 10:28AM
Anonymous User
Africa is huge and massively diverse are you going North South East West? From Egypt to SA across to Ghana and over to Kenya is all so different, you can`t base your holiday destinations on robbery/rape levels alone. People will always tell you their country is the safest so you will need to supply a bit more detail about your plans before others will give you their opinions.

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Kenya
March 07, 2005 02:34PM
Anonymous User
Come to Kenya. You will love it.
Trust me

Stella
 Reply  Quote

Plans
March 07, 2005 04:09PM
We are actually not sure yet of where exactly we want to visit

Which area would you suggest?
 Reply  Quote

kenya
March 07, 2005 04:27PM
By kwalel
i suggest kenya coz it's the best place in Africa where there is the test of it's own..
 Reply  Quote

Surrounding Areas
March 07, 2005 05:53PM
Which countries around Kenya would you suggest?
 Reply  Quote

Sorrounding Countries
March 08, 2005 06:12AM
By kwalel
Kenya is the epitome of near-perfect hospitality. If you want diversity you are welcome to travel to Uganda by road- The only place on earth where you can Gorilla trek, or visit Tanzania still by road. It is so vast a country that every sight and sound is different from anywhere else in Africa. you might also want the blend of indiginous and exotic in Zanzibar. still Kenya is the best.
 Reply  Quote

South Africa?
March 08, 2005 06:17AM
LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-05 AT 06:18 AM (GMT)

Is South Africa a safe country to visit?

What about the surrounding countries: Botswana, Zimbabwe, etc?
 Reply  Quote

countries around kenya
March 08, 2005 06:19AM
By kwalel
>Which countries around Kenya would you suggest?
>

Kenya is the epitome of near-perfect hospitality. If you want diversity you are welcome to travel to Uganda by road- The only place on earth where you can Gorilla trek, or visit Tanzania still by road. It is so vast a country that every sight and sound is different from anywhere else in Africa. you might also want the blend of indiginous and exotic in Zanzibar. still Kenya is the best.
 Reply  Quote

safe country
March 08, 2005 05:37PM
By kwalel
>LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-05 AT 06:18 AM (GMT)Is
>South Africa a safe country to
>visit?
>What about the surrounding countries: Botswana, Zimbabwe,
>etc?

South Africa is quite safe, but it has the highest rape prevalence south of sahara. It is still volatile but they are improving remarkably. They are quite warm, hospitable and has diversity in terms of resources. It is still one of the most advanced countries in Africa. Botswana is the best choice around South Africa. With its warm peoples, spectacular sceneries diverse flora and fauna boy! unfortunately it is landlocked. Zimbabwe- Read the news.
 Reply  Quote

re
March 08, 2005 08:51PM
Anonymous User
How about Malawi, very nice people, easy cheap travel, huge lake, or Zambia for Livingstone and Vic Falls, Namibia for the coast and the Etosha, SA for most everything, Mozambique for the coast, Kenya and Tanzania for game viewing and mountain climbing, the choice is huge I have been to all these and more and I would say all southern african countries are equal when it comes to traveller safety but bad stuff happens the world over Africa does not have the monopoly.

Read up some more and go with what you want to do rather than where is safest, everybodys opinion is different, thats normal and to be expected.

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

re: safety in Africa
March 09, 2005 03:23PM
om all of the research I've done on the topic, Tanzania is one of the best; it is more safe than most of Africa, and very beautiful with lots to do. Large cities attract more robberies and drug hustling, as with America. South Africa and the areas bordering it are also really good. Be *very* careful around Sudan and the Congo due to tons of fighting and some instances of kidnapping and murder of Americans.
Other good and safe areas to visit: Benin, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Namibia. Have fun, good luck!
 Reply  Quote

Hey Crazygirlz,
Welcome to the country of piece and natural beauty,owned by kindful citizens with full of hospitality.Indeed,you will not regret rather you will appreciate our hospitality and high quality services.ekimasha@yahoo.com will be your host.He will arrange for you to talk with Tanzanian students.You will officially visit different attractive areas at dearly price.
 Reply  Quote

KENYA
April 21, 2005 07:56AM
Anonymous User

Hi I would advise you to visit Kenya its a peaceful country with alot of friendly faces give Kenya a try i promise you will like it, bye Jeff you can contact me on this number 254 0720 224 116
 Reply  Quote

MALAWI
April 23, 2005 11:40AM
Anonymous User
Ladies,

There is only one place to visit and thats Malawi, as they say in the books, land at the lake and the next thing you know is your visa is running out. Trust me one night at the 'lake of stars' is worth 10 anywhere else. Also this is probably the safest country around by far. Further info, contact me.
 Reply  Quote

Safe countries
April 23, 2005 11:43AM
Anonymous User
ladies

Just read your postings, Mozambique and Zambia are safe, you are really living up to your names!!
 Reply  Quote

Africa
April 27, 2005 10:29AM
By kutsaka
A good idea is to book an overland company from Kenya to South Africa.Kenya> malawi>zambia>Zimbabwe>Botswana>namibia>South africa.

All these are safe in terms of visits.Those who are saying Zimbabwe read the news, note that its only the volatile press who are against Mgabe's policies but its one of the safest place to visit with maximm protection for tourists.Soth africa is good but note that this is a developed country and everything is high class, life there is like New York esp in Joburg so thats why there is crime and so on.But as a torist yu just stick to your routes.Good luck.
 Reply  Quote

Safety in Africa
May 22, 2005 08:01AM
Hi Jen

There are unsafe areas all over the world. a bit of commonsense, a friendly smile and loads of patience should see you safely thru most Southern and East African countries.

If this is your first time in Africa it might be a good idea to go on an organised overland tour. I know there are some companies in SA offering excellent 2-3 week trips visiting a couple of countries in that time.

The advantages there are knowledgable guides, transport in game parks (somewhat of a problem if you are hitching) and ofcourse safety.

contact me for any info

have a fab trip

Regards

paramedicmoz
 Reply  Quote

overland trips
May 22, 2005 08:26PM
Anonymous User
For overland trips see:

http://www.africaguide.com/travel/package/Overlander/

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map