Africa Guide
recommended trip :

dar es salaam is cool and peace

Amizade
February 16, 2008 01:18PM
My daughter wants to go to Tanzania with a service organization called Amizade. My husband and I have grave concerns about Darla's safety. My family and friends need some reassurance about this trip. She is very excited and is trying to raise money to go. Can anyone give us some feedback?
 Reply  Quote

dar es salaam is cool and peace
February 16, 2008 05:13PM
it is safe here,.people are so friendly..
 Reply  Quote

"Amizade"
March 08, 2008 03:35AM
By bubbag
Dear parents, i understand your concern and yes you should be all parents do. I am Kenyan and know my neibouring contries well especially Tanzania and Uganda. Tanzania is a very good place to be as well as kenya and Uganda, they are calm people and hospitable. There is no prejudse of colour so to speak. They all love and welcomes foreigners and work well together. your daughter will be going to work with an organization of which i asume or gues there should be professionals and foreign officiala to work with. As a parent you could make calls to the managers probably consider going with her to see the place and know how she will be staying if possible. But i dont think she will have any problem because they always take care of visitors and show them around without leaving anyone alone to be take around by strangers. The young tanzanian man may be very honest and truthfull but the girl need that done by the members of her work mates in the project to guarantee safety and i think they will obviously do so. Otherwise Those countries including Tanzania are very safe and enjoyable to live and work. its actually an added pleasure to work there. Its less stress and easy life without much worry or traffic and or over poppultion because its very scarsely populated and no comparisons of high traffics etc like in the west. Never the less everybody need to always take care and be coutious of the people around them be it home or abroad. The bottom line is find out what you need to find out in regards to her welbeing and let her go. Its a good chance she got and she should take it and i promise its worth taking the chance and she will love and enJoy being there and may be she would like to go back after her contract. She will be fine and happy. Be free to ask me any more questions if need be.Is it missionary work or community development NGO WORK. many foreigners go down that region for such jobs and more. she will meet people from her country or other foreigners. she wount be lonely. be happy for her as i think its ok to go.
 Reply  Quote

safety
April 01, 2008 12:12PM
By JennRMT
Hi, I've just returned from 2 months in Tanzania from Arusha, moshi and stonetown and Jambiani, Zanzibar. I volunteered for one month and then backpacked for awhile. As long as your daughter is not extremely naive or goes out when its dark alone, flaunts her cash or is generally flirts with danger. She should have a wonderful, safe and glorious experience. I had no problems and tanzanian people are warm and friendly if you take the chance to meet them. I understand if you have reservations, if you have any questions or want to contact me go ahead. Also, check out www.bootsanall.com. They have a great travel forum. Good luck to her and she will be just fine. Oh, she may want to learn a little of swahili. I feel it helped quite a lot.

good luck!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map