Africa Guide
recommended trip :

No cause for alarm

need help single mom needs information
October 04, 2006 09:02PM
I need information about living in Nairobi. I have 3 kids and I need to move there my husband is fighting the war in Djibouti Africa . So I need to move down there so my childern can be a little bit closer to him he's been gone for 2 year's and they miss him a lot. Anyway what I need to know is ; Where is a good safe place for my childern and I to live? What is the cost of living? Can I rent or do I need to buy and what am I looking at money wise? And how good are the schools? and what kind of schooling is it.
 Reply  Quote

wow snap!
November 03, 2006 03:44PM
i am in the same predicement as you. except my fiancee is in uganda, because his visa expired and he was sent back. however i am a single mother too. i am planning to go and see him in febuary. i have spoken to him. in terms of accomdation etc. does ur husband know your going? i dont have much info on narobi. i would say get the book called "africa on a shoestring" it will have lots of useful advice on kenya and narobi. i would recommend learning some swahali. if you know ne1 there it might be useful to check with them because they can tell you in a more realistic light. spanish courtesan. try asking in the africa in general section. there is more ppl there.
 Reply  Quote

No cause for alarm
December 19, 2006 01:36PM
Hi ladies,
Wondering how mised seeing this. Al the same hope my info wil stil be useful to you. Am Job based in Nairobi Kenya.

Nairobi is a nice place by global standards. There are good schools offering the national curuculum and international schools offering internation systems like the Ol and Al.

Havin a house will be determined by how long you plan to stay there. If you are planning to stay may be for over 3years then its advisable to buy a house and depending on your location of choice prices vary.

otherwise if you are planning to stay for below 3years then resorting to renting a house is the smart option.

Most of surburb 2-4bedroom houses go for from like 40,000ksh but there are the posh ones too starting from like 60,000.

Nairobi i can attest is a very nice place, will lovely temperatures throughout the year and offers modern option for a lovely city in this part of Africa hardly to be compared to any.

Will be willing to still help you with any info regarding Nairobi.
my email address
jyramogi at yahoo dot com

Job.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map