Africa Guide
recommended trip :

hash marks

Ethiopia
December 24, 2002 10:38PM
Anonymous User
Has anyone any experience or knowledge to how much the famine in Ethiopia is impacting on travel in Northern Ethiopia?

I and three others, all seasoned travellers are planning on travelling to N Ethiopia this summer to visit Lake Tana. We are aware of the UK FCO warnings of possible terrorist acts there and that causes little concern. However it is difficult to get any information on the famine. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Rob
 Reply  Quote

Ethiopia
December 31, 2002 08:43PM
Anonymous User
Just came back 2 days ago from Ethiopia (north part and Addis)... Travelling in the north part of the country is fine. I understand the the southern part of the country is definitely more difficult...
 Reply  Quote

Re: Ethiopia
December 31, 2002 11:26PM
Anonymous User
Thanks Karin,

That's what I was hoping to hear. It's impossible to find out what's going on via the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office as they are so woried that they'll be blamed if anything happens to a citizen anywhere in the world that they are tending to say don't go anywhere.

What's with all the hash (#) marks? smiling smiley

Rob
 Reply  Quote

hash marks
January 01, 2003 12:24PM
By Vera
Admin
We had a slight bug in the software which is now fixed sorry `bout that.

Webmaster
 Reply  Quote

Ethiopia
May 29, 2003 03:03PM
By anne
Dont affraid. Go and enjoy! I have been in February and March and I had any troubles with food and drink.
If you need more information just write.

a.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map