Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Ithiopia hates Somalia

African Rivalry
February 20, 2002 08:57PM
Anonymous User
I'm doing a project on african rivalry and Ethiopia and Somalia puzzle.Would you tell me, why Ethiopia hates her Somali African brothers so much, despite what an unhumane situation Somslis is going through.Besides I would've thought that since Somalia practically brought the current Ethiopian government to power, they would pay them back handsomely!
 Reply  Quote

Just a guess
February 21, 2002 06:07AM
Anonymous User
This is just a guess, but as far as I know Ethiopia is Christian and Somalia Muslim. And religion tends to be the root of most rivalry, hatred and awkwardness in the world.
 Reply  Quote

Ithiopia hates Somalia
March 29, 2002 10:32PM
Hi John!

As a somali born in Ethiopia, i think i have some background of the issue you rised.

There has been a war and conflict between those two countries, it all started some time in the beginning of 15 cebtury when Itiopa tried to concur the Somali coast of Zayla and parts of Djabouti. Then Ahmed gurey repelled and defeated and took almost all Ethiopian teritory until he was killed. Since then there has been war going on and most of the time the reason is Ithiopian agression. The Itiopians lived in the highland and somalis the lowland, Ithiopia always wanted to swallow somali people, the somalis couldn't defend theselves. if i give you an example the area i came is known to Ogaden, Ethiopia cuptured the last 200 years still its population consist 100% somalis, they don't want Ethiopia but they are forced to accept. Now Ethiopia wants to rule the whole somalia and to have som kind of coast to breathe after it lost Eriteria. ( Ethiopia is the only black Colony on earth. We will se how it grows.
Thanks
Afbakayle
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map