Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Insurance

Insurance in Africa
September 18, 2001 02:12PM
By Jasik
Hi!

Does someone know about the insurance in Africa if you cross the countries border by car? Actually I would like to know if the traveller is obliged to have it or possible to get insurance at the countries borders?
 Reply  Quote

your in shit
September 26, 2001 07:36PM
By true
if you cross the borders in a hire car youve bought it
 Reply  Quote

Not at the border
November 11, 2001 01:44PM
Anonymous User
I've been living in Nigeria and visited a lot of African countries. You can't arrange an insurance at the border and if somebody is offering you an insurance there, you better don't trust it.
If you bring the car from Europe, you better arrange the insurance there and pay the price. An other option is to go to the capital or a big town in the country you're visiting and contact an expatriate to find out what insurance company is reliable. The paperwork will take at least half a day!

Good luck!

Camille
 Reply  Quote

Insurance
November 12, 2001 04:17PM
Anonymous User
Hi

It would depend on which countries in Africa you intend to visit. Some countries require you to have a carnet.

I have just returned from a trip round Southern Africa and you can buy third party insurance at the border - in fact YOU HAVE TO.

The countries where we had to buy insurance at the border were Zambia and Zimbabwe. On entry into Botswana we also paid insurance but it covered us for travel in Namibia, South Africa, and Swaziland .

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want any specifics about Southern Africa.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map