Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Volunteer in Arusha.

Volunteer in Arusha.
January 21, 2011 06:53AM
By Inkku
Hello,
I'm going to volunteer in Nkoranga orphanage in October-November 2011. I'm now asking if there is anyone else going there at the same time? Would be nice to know someone, because I'm going on my own. So leave a message pleace smiling bouncing smiley

Inkku
 Reply  Quote

January 22, 2011 06:38PM
By Inkku
Or someone local? Would be nice to e-mail with someone who knows the place smiling smiley

Inkku
 Reply  Quote

January 31, 2011 04:38AM
Hello,
Kindly, Im working in arusha.. Lets get intouch.

Regards
Salma
 Reply  Quote

March 15, 2011 02:18AM
I am the Executive Secretary of Global Volunteer Projects, Tanzania based in Usa River town in Arusha. One of our work is to assist volunteer to get placed in the placement of their choice. I know Nkoaranga Orphanage and several others in Arusha.
This place will give you the experience you need for taking care of orphans for sure.
God bless you as you plan to visit Tanzania.
 Reply  Quote

March 21, 2011 08:25PM
By Inkku
Can you tell me something about the Nkoaranga orphanage? Is there many volunteers in there? How is the area aroud it?
 Reply  Quote

July 10, 2011 12:36PM
By pandp1
Hi I'm a medical student and will be in Arusha on placement at the local hospital. I'm arriving mid october and am there till December. Do you you know where you're staying yet? I'm trying to sort out accommodation!
 Reply  Quote

August 10, 2011 07:49AM
Hey, my name is Bekka and I just returned from 6 months at Nkoaranga orphanage - in fact, I've recently founded (with several other volunteers) a nonprofit called The Small Things (www.thesmallthings.org) to keep working with the amazing kids, staff, and other volunteers there. It's a really incredible place, and you can have a huge impact on the lives of the kids. If you'd like to chat more, please feel free to email me at any time at bekka at thesmallthings.org, and/or check out the site - we're currently trying to fundraise to install a water filtration system so that they don't have to spend so much time and money boiling water, as well as getting filters for the hospital wards, since there are no facilities for boiling water there. I will be back in December and January to see the kiddos over my school break - but volunteers are desperately needed all year round. I'd love to talk to you further, please get in contact any time - and when you're there, I know many of the former volunteers (including me) would be incredibly grateful if you'd work with us to keep us updated about the kids and how they are doing - you will see, you fall in love with them fast!

Looking forward to speaking further and answering any questions you might have,
Bekka
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map