Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Help Finding Volunteer Opportunities

Help Finding Volunteer Opportunities
December 13, 2009 11:54PM
By MWusik
Hey Everyone,

I will be traveling to Africa this upcoming summer for two months, spending one month of that in Tanzania. I am in the early stages of planning and am looking for any suggestions or advice on places to volunteer while in Tanzania. I am fairly open to any types of work as long as I have the opportunity to really work with the people of Tanzania as well as make some sort of difference in the individuals (as well as my own) lives. My primary background is in psychology as well as sociology and I also have experience in construction (through habitat for humanity).

Does anybody have any ideas to offer on places (schools, orphanages, hospitals, community builds, ect.)? Any and all ideas will be very welcome and highly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Reply  Quote

December 17, 2009 12:51AM
Once here you will find many schools that will welcome you to share your educational experiences. This will also be an educational experience for you. If you are in the Moshi area you can contact me at 0785058102 Mike
 Reply  Quote

December 23, 2009 06:50AM
By arusha
Hi,u ve good idear schools,ophanaedge,communities were available in Tanzania so wellcome
 Reply  Quote

In Dodoma there is an orphanage center known as 'kijiji cha matumaini' ie. A village of hope..it is under a roman catholic church. For more information contact me on 'millionroses@ymail.com'.
 Reply  Quote

hi,
i have good news for you just contact me at mmperella@yahoo.com
thanks
 Reply  Quote

Tanzania youth social and economic developement foundation (TAYOSEDEF) an NGO is seeking for Partners,Donars and Volunteers to help facilitate their programmes here in Tanzania.
TAYOSEDEF focuses on both emergency and long term development through providing
basic needs and social amenities especially those from low income areas.
We deal in matters of health,education,shelter,Talent Search and promotion,Micro financing and Society awareness campaign on taking care of orphans.
helping the children break out of Poverty,financial and social captivity
[www.tayosedef.org]
 Reply  Quote

February 02, 2010 09:32AM
By Jonesee
I am actually heading to Tanzania in a week and a half and I am working with an NGO called, "Make A Difference Now"
check them out. this is there new website: www.gomadnow.org

Theresa is a wonderful lady; and I am very excited to work with her. If you have facebook you can look them up on there as well.

They are always looking for help, and there is a wide flexibility of what you can do.

Cheers!
 Reply  Quote

February 26, 2010 07:08PM
By Lily
Hello Traveling Nomad:

I'm interested in traveling to Africa this summer for the same reason. To Volunteer. I am very much about lending a helping hand, assisting those that are in need. Would you be interested in exchanging ideas? Truly looking forward to Africa this summer..... Peace. Lily
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map