Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Nairobi - Arusha Shuttle

Nairobi - Arusha Shuttle
April 28, 2005 04:06PM
By rajan
Hi,

I am currently in Mauritius and am planning a Serengeti Safari next month.

Since i would be flying to Nairobi, I have to take the shuttle bus from Nairob to Arusha (starting point of my safari)

Now the problem is that the flight from Mauritius reaches Nairobi JK Airport at 1350 hours. Since baggage collection, etc. takes 15-20 minutes, i fear that i will miss the 1400 hrs shuttle.

Is there any other shuttle bus after 1400 hrs that i can board for Arusha. Are the shuttle buses usually very strict about the timing or would they be considerate enough to wait for 15-20 min for me as an exception.

We are a group of 3 passengers.

please advise.
 Reply  Quote

Riverside Shuttle
May 25, 2005 11:17AM
Anonymous User
The shuttle service is called Riverside Shuttle and their website is at:

http://www.riverside-shuttle.com/

You would be best arranging this with them direct, I have used this shuttle from Nairobi to Arusha myself last year and it is fine, maybe a little crowded a little hot but overall no problem and reasonably comfortable, takes around 5-6 hours including border crossing.

A WORD OF WARNING TO TRAVELLERS:

Meeting any tour company at Nairobi airport, when you arrive you will be besieged by touts, they ask who you are meeting and when you tell them they will lie and tell you that they are the rep from your tour company. If anyone is meeting you at the airport they must be holding a placard with your name and don`t tell anyone your tour company, let them tell you (which the touts won`t want to do). Unfortunately Nairobi airport arrivals is a disgrace and gives all arriving passengers an immediate bad impression.

Hope that helps.

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

baggage lockers or safe lock up
January 02, 2006 05:08AM
By clodagh
Hi
A friend and I are due to go on safari in Tanzanier and are arriving in Nairobi Airport. As we are then going onto SOuth Africa for the rest of our holiday and we are only to take a duffel bag on the safari we are wondering if there are secure baggage lockers at the airport or a secure luggage area where we can leave out suitcases for up to 14 days?
Much appreciated
Please send me an email
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map