Africa Guide
recommended trip :

"Real life"

Bagamoyo and Zanzibar
December 29, 2002 12:14PM
Anonymous User
I'm about to make the trip of my life! Leaving to Tanzania in the beginning of March, to Bagamoyo for four weeks and probably a week in Nairobi also. Kilimanjaro, Serengeti and Zanzibar are on my 'must-see-list', but I want to experience the unknown Tanzania, the real life in Tanzania. I am greatful for every single tip or advise I can get. And all of you who's been there; share your experiences!
 Reply  Quote

Bagamoyo vs Zanzibar etc
January 07, 2003 04:21PM
By anders
Hi yes, me too question for experinece on Bagamoyo:
--
Bagamoyo any good vs Zanzibar?

My father and I lived/worked in Tanzania back in 1985-88 (Arusha). Did all the things then that I guess one has to do (Mombasa, Zanzibar, Mafia, Dar-"beaches", the nat.parks, hunting, fishing etc) but now would like to go back just as toursist with our respectives, who have not seen East-Africa. We're thinking of the, i recon, usual 1 week national parks tours (i must say, it seems to have grown VERY expensive these days?!) followed by 1 w of seaside stay.

So what do you think, any good to go to Bagamoyo? We haven't been there before at all.
Go directly to Zanzibar from the northern parks? Via Bagamoyo to Zanzibar?

Our initial thoughts were to hire a car to do the park tour and drive down to Bagamoyo or Dar to further catch the fery to Zanzibar. However it seems cheaper to actually pay for a driver on an arranged tour (in the parks). Is this so?

Comments?
Cheers,
Anders
 Reply  Quote

"Real life"
January 08, 2003 06:32AM
Anonymous User
You see pretty much of the "real life" (and a spectacular landscape) by taking the train from Dar-es-Salaam to Mwanza. Most enjoyable train ride.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map