Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Arusha

Arusha
March 05, 2009 05:04PM
By anghi75
Dear All,
I'm an italian girl.
I'm considering a job proposal in the tourism industry based in Arusha.
I'd like to meet people that are living in Arusha or that lived in teh past.
I would like to know the life cost, if it's a safe place...
Right now I'm in Arusha to find out the contract. So if you can give me any contact of people living here I'll may be able to meet them in these days.
Thank you.
Francesca
 Reply  Quote

Tourism sector in Arusha.
March 09, 2009 11:09AM
Anonymous User
Burgorn sigorinta,
Thank you so much for your equirry Ok with me i work with a tour campany in kenya But we have partinners in Arusha whom can help you and can work together. in tourism sector. R.K
 Reply  Quote

A WORM WELCOME TO ARUSHA TANZANIA
March 09, 2009 03:06PM
By arusha
Hi,francisca hope u doing well,my name is mr laiser estate agent from Arusha, a maasai men aged 33yrs old maried with 2kids glory and dickson, deal with leasing/sale of properties such as houses,hire cars etc,life is not so expensive as u think,depend on ur daily use,so can met me through 0784 797521, ur most welcome thanx
 Reply  Quote

Living in Arusha
March 12, 2009 12:49AM
By wss
Hi,

I was volunteering near Arusha and grew to like the little city. It is fairly small and easy to get around on foot. The cost of living isn't as high as the bigger cities like Dar es Salaam, but it is a tourist area so prices do tend to be increased for tourists and 'white' people in general but that is to be expected. I come from the UK and found it very cheap to live out there as long as you don't stick to the tourist places that would charge European prices.

You'll be able to meet quite a few expats and volunteers from other countries if you visit cafes/restaurants like 'Via Via', 'The Patisseri', and 'Jambo Coffee House'- everyone knows where they are so just ask any of the many safari touts that approach you (they can get pretty irritating, but they'll start to leave you alone if they know your not a tourist and have no intention of buying from them!).

I think that Arusha is a safe place to live as long as you use your common sense. I have been told that petty theft from tourists has increased recently and you should always keep your car doors locked in case an opportunist thief tries to snatch your bag from your car when your stuck in traffic. I was there for 6 months and never had any problems.

It's also a good based for exploring the rest of East Africa if you plan to do some travelling. I would definately recommend living there.

I hope this is helpful.
 Reply  Quote

RE: JAMBOO!!!!
April 05, 2009 11:02AM
Hi Francesca,
Hope you are fine are u still looking for a job? there is one in Moshi if you are interested contact cell: +255 755232827
Regards!
 Reply  Quote

Hi
April 28, 2009 06:14AM
By Rashi
LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 07:15 AM (GMT)

Hi there

I am an Indian living in Dubai. My husband and I are hoping to come down to Arusha to volunteer for a school. We're supposing accomodation and food will be taken care of.

We are foodies and love sports/gym/swimming. If we eat out at least three times a week, hit a gym/swim four times a week, pay for our water and indulge in some flea shopping once in a while, will we get by spending US$200 a month? We'd like to be a little conservative in our expenditure. (We intend to spend on travelling and doing safaris over weekends.)

I would be grateful to get a job to take care of the monthly expenditure of US $200 as well. Please let me know if you think $200 is good for the lifestyle I have mentioned above.
 Reply  Quote

Living in Arusha
May 08, 2009 10:55AM
By wss
Hello Rashi,

Apologies for the late response, but I have been travelling and have just seen your post on the forum.

I have discussed your planned travel and living plans in Arusha with my Tanzanian friends who live in and around Arusha. Basically your plans are very unrealistic. Arusha is a tourist town and therefore is an expensive area to live in.

There are a few restaurants, and as a foody myself, I found the standard of food to be low unless you are paying very high prices. The only swimming pool that I am aware of is in a hotel and you pay to go each visit, so if you are going regularly you'll be paying alot.

Your $200 per month budget really won't go far, especially if it is for 2 people. With regards to finding work, you'll have to find out if your visa will allow you to work. There is a special 'Class C- Volunteers visa' that is also required for volunteering activities, but doesn't allow you to work. Finding work to cover your expenses will be very difficult since wages are very low and many people are unemployed so the job market is highly competative.

I'm sorry to be so negative, but I want you to go with realistic expectations.

Regards,

Sam
 Reply  Quote

July 03, 2009 03:02PM
MOST WELCOME
 Reply  Quote

August 03, 2009 07:55AM
I just want to incourage you about the living in Arusha and the costs.

Firstly learn little swahili.
2nd be care of theives
3rd live in normal places
And lastly don by things by the roads but go to the Central Market or Kilimbero market for the cheapest food stuf.

Linus.
 Reply  Quote

September 23, 2009 11:34AM
Hi Francesca
Just to let you know my company director and myself are coming to Arusha around the middle of October on business, I would like to know the cost of living there to determine what my daily allowance I need for food and drinks.Also we might need picking up from the airport do not know if you can assist with that, been as you are in the travel industry.
Kind Regards
David Birds
 Reply  Quote

October 17, 2009 06:20PM
By lindi
ciao
sono giuseppe attualmente in sicilia.
ho lavorato per 6 anniin tanzania in un piccolo ospedale del governo nella regione di iringa.
vorrei tornare a lavorare come medico e sto cercando delle soluzioni. visto che tui lavori ad arusha hai forse qualche dritta?
ti ringrazio moto e spero di avere tue notizie.
questa รจ la mia email ruiji_iringa@hotmail.it.
grazie
giuseppe
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map