Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Money matters in Africa

Moneymatters in Africa
January 22, 2001 01:25AM
Anonymous User
Can anybody give some information about what is best to use; cash, travellers´cheques, credit cards? Which credit cards are useful in this country?
 Reply  Quote

money matters in africa
May 19, 2001 01:15PM
Anonymous User
Hi.i live in S.A and have travelled down from Kenya,mozambique,zim and botswana.
The best thing for you to use is Travellers cheques and credit cards.For South Africa we have a very developed first world banking infrastructure and we accept all credit cards.
 Reply  Quote

Money matters in Africa
July 27, 2001 04:36AM
Anonymous User
Thanks!

By the time you mailed your answer I was on my way from Pretoria to Dar-es-Salaam, carrying US$ 6600.- in cash on me. It is not something I would advise anybody else to do, but I am glad I did and nothing bad happened to me. As you say, South Africa has a good banking system, and I took out the necessary amount of ZAR in Pretoria to buy the 6000.- $ (the 600.- $ I already had) on my MasterCard. But regarding how often I was absolutely the only tourist, like on the Livingstone-Kapiri Mposhi and Dar es Salaam-Mwanza trains and the Zanzibar-Mombasa "dhow" I am glad I had cash and did not have to rely on being able to use travellers cheques or card.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map