Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Visit the Eastern Cape

Trip to SA
October 18, 2004 10:17AM
Anonymous User
I'm planning on taking a trip to SA but i really have no idea of where the best places for site seeing and partying are and i usually get so mixed up when i contact travel agencies I believe it's always better to hear it all from the country's citizens. So i'd like to get some help with the best places to go to and an approximation of how much it would cost me to stay there for about 2 weeks or so. I'm currently in Egypt and that's where i should be leaving from and I will be traveling by myself too probably.
 Reply  Quote

Trip to SA
December 28, 2004 01:40PM
Anonymous User
Hadeel

SA is having 9 provinces or regions. Each region has something to offer depending on your taste.
1)Cape Town(CT)is in the Western Province and is rich with apartheid history starting from the Dutch land occupation and political prisoners. CT is also having lovely winelands and famous Table mountain.
2)Kruger National Park is in the Mpumalanga area. If you are a wild animal lover this is a must for you.The Big five can be found there, a night in the resort is a nice breakaway from the hectic city life and really been in touch with nature.
3)Johannesburg in the Gauteng province is the bussiest city in SA. The province is having the highest population and rich with memories of "black power" that can be found in SOWETO (South Western Towmship).Not only will you be visiting the Mandela house but also seeing and experiencing township life. A visit to Wandi's restuarant in Soweto will give you an African stable food and a sheebeen experience.
4)Durban in Kwa-Zulu Natal is having the rich Shaka heritage lands. You get to see lovely Zulu culture and the type of housing and the way of life of the Zulu people. Durban is also having much warmer beaches and also lovely pubs on the beach front do not forget the Shaka Marine that is the latest craze in Dubs.Dubs is also having historical sites. Kwa-Zulu Natal is also a provinces of the lovely mountain ranch of the Drakensburg.
5)Limpopo province dubbed African's Eden is having the most rich heritage of the Venda people.It also having lovely natural sites like three rondavels, The biggest Baobab trees, God's Windows and Caves but to name a few.The hospitality is overwhelming.
6)Free State is more filled with farm lands and mines. If you are a fishing person this is a must for you,the Vaal river the biggest inland river.
7)Northern Cape is having the smallest population yet having the biggest land.It is having the most beautiful lodges yet allocated in the most remote areas. Life is still very laid back. Kimberley bears the most "big hole" from the previous diamond mining.This is also having a lot of the Xhoi and San History and heritage.
8)North West is also having a lot of game reserves. Sun City and the Lost City are situated in Rustenburg area very posh entertainment centres still after all this years.You have to be real loaded to visit this area.This is where all the international speticulars happens that is the golf and music festivals.
9) Eastern Cape is rich with the Xhosa cultural history.This province lies between the Mpumalanga and Western Cape province.

The areas that attract tourist are CT,and Kruger National Park and they are not cheap accomodation wise. You can still get alternative accomodation around the areas that is comfortable and affordable but not plush.
Must see are Table Mountain, Robben Island-CT, Kruger National Park, Soweto tour, Union Bulding-Pretoria, Valley of Thousand Hills-Kwa Zulu Natal, Three Roundavels,Gods Window, Caves.

Hope you enjoy SA.
 Reply  Quote

Thank yousmiling smiley
December 29, 2004 08:51AM
Anonymous User
Dear Gele...
Thank you sooooo much for all the info u've given mesmiling smiley I'm working on planning the whole trip now and should be going there sometime in mid Feb. I'm sure I'll enjoy itsmiling smiley
Thanks againsmiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Visit the Eastern Cape
January 02, 2005 07:31PM
By colin
Don’t overlook the Eastern Cape.

It is a pleasant drive along the Garden Route from Cape Town.

It have the “Big 7” in a malaria free environment, there is no need to go to Kruger to see the animals in their natural environment.

The Addo National park which is 45 minutes from Port Elizabeth has the world’s highest density elephant population and is surrounded by world class private Game Reserves.

Take a look at www.#####.com for more information.

For a person traveling on there own the Baz Bus travels from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth stopping off at great accommodation along the way.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map