Africa Guide
recommended trip :

OPPORTUNITY IN SA

Planning on moving to South Africa
November 24, 2002 07:28PM
By lisa
I'd like to relocate to South Africa sometime and I'm looking for people who live there or are planning on moving there to chat with about life in SA in general. I'd like to move for work or to start a business, I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

I'm planning on moving too
November 24, 2002 09:31PM
Anonymous User
Lisa

I'm delighted to have found someone who wants to go to S.Africa and not leave.

What are your plans, are you a Brit looking for a different way of life - what is your story I would be really interest to hear it?

Sarah
 Reply  Quote

Moving to SA
November 24, 2002 10:03PM
Anonymous User
Hi Lisa
I am a resident here in SA with my own business
if I can help with any answers please contact me.
PS My son is aiming to come to the UK in Feb to further his career in body building/health club work.
 Reply  Quote

SA
December 18, 2002 08:56PM
By Sarah
Hi Lisa,

We are planning on going to live in Durban next year-email me and we can chat-I am an ex SA who's been living in the UK for 6yrs now and married to a Brit.

Sarah
 Reply  Quote

December 23, 2002 06:45PM
By lisa
Max could you leave an e-mail address so I can contact you.
 Reply  Quote

Planning on moving to south Africa as well
December 30, 2002 10:13AM
Anonymous User
Hi Lisa, im Spanish and im also planning on movint to south africa, i have also bought my flight ticket, im leaving spain next 25 of january.

If you are interesting on chatting or emailing me just do it, i would be so happy to share my experience with someone who is looking for the same as me.

my mail is
qvalverde@yahoo.com

Best regards
 Reply  Quote

Contact
January 03, 2003 08:11PM
Anonymous User
Sorry have'nt contacted sooner,been away for Xmas
jap@myisp.co.za
 Reply  Quote

Moving to South Africa
January 14, 2003 07:42PM
Anonymous User
I would love to move to SA. I am a Brit who grew up there. I am having big problems finding work and getting a work permit. They will not give you a job without a work permit and vice versa. Any help would be truly appreciated! Have been trying for some time to get in now. Would love to move over to Natal and stay.
Please help.... have nowhere else to turn to.
 Reply  Quote

Moving to SA
January 14, 2003 07:46PM
Anonymous User
Lisa,
Would also love to move to SA. I am a Brit who grew up there. We are having big problems trying to get in. They will not give you a job without a work permit and will not give you a work permit without a job. Please could you let me know how you have managed it! I do not know what else to try. I have been told that our skills are greatly needed in SA so we should not havae any problems finding a job... but trying to get one is another matter!
Please help... have nowhere else to turn. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Reply  Quote

moving to South Africa
February 03, 2003 11:03PM
By Adrian
Lisa,
Hey just wanted to get some info on how your move to SA was. I also am planning on moving within the year and could use all the help I can. I graduated college May 2002 with a business degree. So, hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian
 Reply  Quote

RE: planning to move to SA
February 20, 2003 10:42PM
Anonymous User
Hi

I am a South African resident, staying in Cape Town. I could be of assistance if you are relocating to South Africa. Please feel free to contact me. I would love to help.

Regards
Mari-Louise
 Reply  Quote

moving to South Africa
February 22, 2003 03:51AM
By Adrian
Mari-Louise,
I would love to hear all the advice you have to offer. I graduated May 2002 with a business degree in Electronic Commerce and need some advice on the job market. I would like to secure a job before moving, so how do I find a position while living in New York? What is the average cost of rent? How would you recommend I start this process?

Thanks,
Adrian
email:
amlewis42@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Moving to S.Africa
March 12, 2003 12:37PM
Anonymous User
Hi, I am also planning to move to S.Africa by the end of the year hopefully. Planning a intro trip in May for two weeks and would really be interested in getting more info. I am planning to relocate in either Stanton or Pretoria. I am looking for business opportunity in S.Africa. Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light and help. Also, Would love to gettogether with anyone who is travelling or be there around the same time.
thanks
Al
 Reply  Quote

Moving to SA
April 09, 2003 07:25AM
Anonymous User
I am planning to move to SA next year and would love to know if you have moved yet and how you are finding it? I am a Brit married to a South African and have had a long holiday in PE, but would like to hear of your experience moving there permanently.
 Reply  Quote

info for January move to S.A.
May 01, 2003 07:04PM
Anonymous User
Hello!
So glad to find info source. I will be teaching in a Mankurwane High School and living in Kimberly from January 03-04. Need all info I can get. Can you help or provide name of someone who could? Thank you for any information. Jan

>Hi
>I am a South African resident, staying
>in Cape Town. I could
>be of assistance if you are
>relocating to South Africa. Please
>feel free to contact me. I
>would love to help.
>Regards Mari-Louise
 Reply  Quote

relocating to Kimberly S.A.
May 01, 2003 07:09PM
Anonymous User
Please help with any leads on information about life in Kimberly. I will be teaching high school math in Mankurwane from January 2003 through January 2004 and would appreciate information from any sources you know of or could lead me to. Thank you, Jan
 Reply  Quote

Moving back to South Afirca
May 20, 2003 11:16AM
Anonymous User
Hi.

I am a brit that did all my schooling in Pinelands, Cape Town. I moved back to the UK 5 years ago to continue with further education at College in London completing a National Diploma in IT. My parents still live out there, and I plan to move back to South Africa with my girlfriend in Dec 03 to work. Seeing I have a residency stamp in my British passport, would I need a work permit ? Would my girlfriend be able to get a work permit easily enough ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
 Reply  Quote

moving to Kimberley
May 27, 2003 09:26PM
Anonymous User
Thank you for your response. I have so many questions that I don't know where to begin.
I am in a Fulbright Teacher Exchange, so there is a male teacher coming here to teach my classes. I know that I cannot stay at his apartment, because he tells me that it is not safe. So I will need housing, which Fulbright may be able to help me with.
A bigger concern that I have is for my safety. Every book I read says that SA is not the place for a white woman alone. It talks about a high incidence of rape, and frequent car-jackings and muggings. I guess I wasn't expecting to spend my whole time in SA hiding in an apartment. I realize that each town and each part of each of those towns has a different situation.
I would desperately like to talk to someone who knows about Kimberley.
I think I will have a few people come to visit me, so traveling to the tourist sites might be okay with my foreign company.
I am most concerned about the everyday living of transportation to school and shopping for food and managing laundry and all that.
I know that Kimberley has a population of about 200000, but I expect that it is less than 10% white. How do I hook up with other whites?
I am not phobic about looking for white friends, but I'm sure that it sounds that way. I will be the only white teacher in an all-black school, so I will have some potential to make friends of the other 25 teachers. I just don't know how open and welcoming they will be.
I am scheduled to arrive in SA in January, 2004. If you have any info for me, I would greatly love to chat with you via e-mail.
Jan Murphy
 Reply  Quote

Recently visited S.Africa
May 27, 2003 10:23PM
By al
Hi, email me and perhaps I can assist you. I just came back from S.Africa and am in canada. This was my first trip to S.Africa and I realize and understand your fear and realize what you must be feeling. Although its not very safe to be there expecially if you are unsure of where you are but its not as bad as it sounds either. I shall be there after August 2003 and if need be, dont mind helping you out.

Email me if you need to chat.
 Reply  Quote

SA
May 27, 2003 10:28PM
Anonymous User
Thanks for your quick response.
Do you know anyone in Kimberley?
When you return in August, where will you be?
How can I get your e-mail address? I don't know how this works to communicate directly with someone.
Jan
 Reply  Quote

Emailing responders
May 28, 2003 07:28AM
Anonymous User
Hi Jan

To help out...

if you want to reply to someone by email - and they have left their email address, you will see under their message, several options, one is [Send an Email]. Click this link and your email package will fire up with their email address in the To: field.

Or you can hold your mouse over the link and you will see their email address in bottom LH side of your monitor.

Hope this helps.
 Reply  Quote

If u need any info or help
May 29, 2003 01:10PM
Hi Lisa,

I just came across your message and I'm not sure when you're planning on moving here or if you're here as we speak!? Anyway, write me and I'll give u advice/ help you out, any way I can. Chat soon
Chrystal
 Reply  Quote

information on relocating
June 07, 2003 01:38PM
Anonymous User
hi i would like to chat with someone who would be able to help me with general info on capetown thank you. jame.
 Reply  Quote

moving to capetown
June 07, 2003 01:42PM
Anonymous User
hi i just would like to get some help with general info on moving to capetown i have called several real estate agents but got no responce.thank you, jame.
 Reply  Quote

moving too!
June 11, 2003 06:25PM
Anonymous User
hey jame i am a brit and am also looking to move to Cape Town to be with my boyfriend but need help about how to go about it with work permits etc email me if you find anything i would be very grateful thanks all the best
beth
 Reply  Quote

help
June 11, 2003 06:28PM
Anonymous User
marie-louise
i would love for you to help me with any information about moving to cape town work permits etc please let me know
thank you
beth
 Reply  Quote

moving to cape town
June 24, 2003 01:49PM
By bella
I am also moving, planning to take a class at the University of Cape Town...I just made this decision and the class starts in a month! Anyone know how I should go about finding a place to rent in Cape Town with others???
 Reply  Quote

Living in Johannesburg
July 03, 2003 08:18PM
Anonymous User
Hello Lisa,

As you can see we share a surname and I was browsing the net looking for Shields genealogical stuff seeing that I am currently reading this book "the Afrikaners" and it bugs me to think that I might be more of an Afrikaner than a Brit or and Irishman.

I do not know if you have arrived here in the meantime but should you still need advice I am more than willing to offer you help getting around the courty (more specifically Gauteng and the Freestate) and helping you with jobs etc.

Generally thing are well here even though SA life is far more demanding than British or Irish life (having lived on both islands for more than 2 years) My fiancee is Irish/Australian and she only moved here 1 month ago so she is probably a better bet in asking what life in Sa is like.

Well as I said I am more than willing to be of any assistance. My number in JHB is 072 607 2091 ringing from UK its obviously the 002772.....

Hope to hear from you soon,

Brendon Shields
 Reply  Quote

Help possible
July 03, 2003 08:32PM
Anonymous User
Hello Jenny,

Just wrote to Lisa that I can perhaps help you out. My fiancee is Irish and we are experiencing some difficulty but sorted it out. I am now commited to helping people who can benefit the country get in! I can have my parents offer you jobs (a restaurant in Bethlehem in the freestate) which will secure you permits. Just shout if you need more info. No you wont need to work there!

I live in JHB and can find out things for you here as well.

Brendon Shields
 Reply  Quote

Cape Town relocation?
July 07, 2003 02:57AM
By jamie
Hi all. This seems like a pretty informational forum, and I need all the information I can get. I recently graduated from college with a BA in psychology and am hoping to begin postgraduate work at UCT in the fall of 2004. I've been to Cape Town, but need all the help I can get since I'm now considering moving there. Anyone with information about rentals, jobs, etc...send it my way. Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

Interested in moving to SA
August 07, 2003 03:48PM
By vladi
Hi .I was 4 months in South Africa and had excellent time while i was studying there.
SA is beautiful country and for sure my wish is to move there and start my own business there.
Well any help i will appriciate.
By the way i m from Belgrade.
smiling smiley
Cape Town is fantastic!
 Reply  Quote

Re :to Joaquin
August 07, 2003 03:54PM
By vladi
Nice to hear there are people with similar interests.
I was 4 months in Bloemfontein and 1 in Port Elizabeth and Cape Town.
I want to settle there and run my own business and i dont know better place then South Africa.
 Reply  Quote

I am leaving in about two weeks for Cape Town then Middelburg, South Africa, I will be driving from Bloemfontein. Did you spend any time or hear anything about Middelburg...what is it like? I will also be going to Port Elizabeth.
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Cape Town
August 16, 2003 02:22PM
Anonymous User
I am moving to Cape Town in September for work. I'll be working at the University of Cape Town as an intern. I'm a Canadian who graduated from university in August 2002. I"m looking for anyone new to the area who is looking to meet another newbie to the area...safety in numbers!
 Reply  Quote

Port Elizabeth
August 17, 2003 12:47PM
By vladi
I know where Middelburg is but never been there.
Bloemfontein is nice ,quiet and very clean city althiguh its little bit boring.
Port Elizabeth is very nice .I spent there 3 months and i like it ery much.Its very windy .
Well email me if u want more info.Looking forward for your email.
 Reply  Quote

info on relocating
August 26, 2003 10:28PM
Anonymous User
hi i am looking to relocate but i have a lot of questions on just the every day to day stuff, please drop me a line so we can chat,thank you, jame downs
 Reply  Quote

info on moving
August 26, 2003 10:31PM
Anonymous User
hi,crystal i am thinking of moving to cape town i could use all the information that you can help me with please drop me a line so we can chat,thank you, jame.
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Cape Town
September 02, 2003 11:00AM
Anonymous User
Hi!
I am planning on moving to Cape Town with my husband and our 2 children. I'm having a hard time finding all the information we need to do so.

We are both self-employed so we need to know about work permits and if it's possible for us to start up our own businesses over there. Since we also have children we need information about the educational system, etc. Does anyone know where to find such information?

It would be great to hear from someone who themselves have relocated to Cape Town or someone who has always lived there. Any advice is very much welcomed.

Best Regards
Amelia
 Reply  Quote

Moving back....
October 12, 2003 07:16PM
Anonymous User
Hi
I am thinking of moving back to SA. I am an SA citizen currently living in Chicago I moved from SA in 1999. I would be coming back April 05. I am not sure what everything looks like out there at the moment. My boyfriend lives out there but does not want me to come back, he cannot get into the states. I would really like to use my healthcare training back in SA. If anyone has any advise please e-mail me!
 Reply  Quote

Moving with children
October 28, 2003 02:51AM
By kerry
Hi,
I also am looking to go to SA. I have a baby and have found a consolidator who has the best rates i have found to go there Paulag@premiertours.com. Her name is Paula Glaser. I have heard the education system is excellent there. Also, If you find out where to inquire on work permits, please share the info, I thought a google search would lead me there.
thanks, Kerry
 Reply  Quote

move
October 28, 2003 02:53AM
By kerry
Hi, I would like to come and check things out for a month or two. Can you help me as far as what to do for a work permit or a business? where do you live?
thanks, kerry
 Reply  Quote

Moving to SA
October 28, 2003 12:18PM
By Daniel
Hi Iam also thinking about re-locating to SA, I have seen the country and completely fell in love with it. If there is anyone out there that could give us some advice that would be a real help. I currently work as a technical managerfor an electronics company, and i am a qualified engineer. So I would either be looking for a job out there, or I would possibly like to set up a buisness out there. I would love to hear from anyone that have already made the move.

Thanks

Daniel
 Reply  Quote

South africa
October 29, 2003 03:17PM
Anonymous User
hi everybody, i wrote a message, probably in january this year. i was moving to south africa, and so i did. Now i have been living here since the end of january and is the best decision i have ever taken in my life. Im busy refurbishing and renovating a big property and hopefully next december i will open. I will run my own guest house, wedding venue and conference center, so as you can see i am doing quite well

But i must warn you guys, not everything has been as easy as you could think. This country is hostile to foreign people, foreign money, and so on, so before you take the decision, you have to think all the pros and cons carefully. If you are looking for a normal job, either you have and outstanding curriculum, and a nice language range, or i can tell you that it is going to be difficult to find a job. Now in south africa you find the black empowerment, they give jobs first to black south africans, and then to white south africans and so on. I am not saying that is the wrong thing, the other way arround, i think they have to turn over the situation and give more oportunities to the black people. But i must say that it makes things more difficult.

Im not trying to scare you off at all, im trying to make u understand that is hard, specially at the beginning.

If you need any help, i will be very happy to help u, if it is in my hands.

kind regards

Quino
 Reply  Quote

just want to say hello
October 30, 2003 02:37AM
Anonymous User
hi,quino if it is possible i would like to talk to you about relocating to cape town i love south africa but i am sure with your experience i might learn more before i make the move.hope to hear from you soon,take care, jame.
 Reply  Quote

buying a guest house in South Africa
November 03, 2003 08:44PM
By JOJO
I'd like to move to SA and buy a guest house over there. I'm looking for anyone who is doing this or has already done it. any info would be appreciated...

Thanks JoJo
 Reply  Quote

Moving to SA
November 08, 2003 04:56PM
Anonymous User
Hi Quino,

I have family in SA who are "encouraging" me to move there from England. I've heard of this different way of life and it sounds very appealing, but I have a life in England and it seems like such a big step to take.

It will probably be easier for me because they have a social structure which I am assured I will fit into easily and how life will be better for me out there.

I really would like to do it and pack up and move, but its all very daunting to me.

My mother is South African and moved over to England 26/27 years ago. I've heard all the bad things about the country from her but I have also heard all the good things from the rest of the (SA) family.

I live in a small town in Bedfordshire (not sure if you would know it!) where there isnt much in the way of culture. The calibre of people leaves alot to be desired! There doesnt seem to be much in the way of true gentlemen who you can have an interlectual conversation with. My career prospects are limited and life is generally what you call repetative.

I've been told about the great life I could have in South Africa and it is, as I've said before, very appealing. The social life, the beautiful country and not to mention the lovely weather!

However, I'm confused! Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Nat
 Reply  Quote

Looking for a change
November 21, 2003 10:48PM
By Lauren
My dad is currently over in South Africa and said I would absolutley love it there. It has really got me thinking that while I still can, then why not. I dont have any contacts and dont really know where to go first. A job would be a good start!!

Lauren
 Reply  Quote

moving to capetown
November 22, 2003 02:00PM
Anonymous User
Hi Lisa,
I am planning to move to SA next year and would love to know if you have moved yet and how you are finding it? Would like to hear of your experience moving there permanently.
Thanks
Cheers
Deni
 Reply  Quote

South Africa
January 02, 2004 09:50PM
Anonymous User
Hi all,

Quino - congrats, sounds good.

I am English, thinking about moving to SA with 14 year rugby playing son. Have never liked England much, prefer Spain; have travelled extensively, but only 1 brief visit to SA, but a long time ago.

Would there be a second chance for us in SA? I am quite well qualified - law degree, PGCE (Travel and Tourism, Business Education), experienced in most areas of travel and tourism, 5 years teaching T&T in UK, internet skills, basic Spanish and German languages. I saw some job vacancies posted on the 'net, seems I might have the right qualifications to apply. What is the attitude to older applicants in SA?

People here UK tell me that JoBurg isn't very safe. Should this be something to be concerned about? Are most of the jobs there? How about Cape Town? Perhaps would be too expensive to live there? Are there jobs (in tourism or tourism teaching/training) in other areas?

Sorry about all the stupid questions. Have just started researching SA, perhaps the country would be a real alternative to Europe. Hope so. Thanx.

Thanks for any help.
>hi everybody, i wrote a message, probably
>in january this year. i was
>moving to south africa, and so
>i did. Now i have been
>living here since the end of
>january and is the best decision
>i have ever taken in my
>life. Im busy refurbishing and renovating
>a big property and hopefully next
>december i will open. I will
>run my own guest house, wedding
>venue and conference center, so as
>you can see i am doing
>quite well
>But i must warn you guys, not
>everything has been as easy as
>you could think. This country is
>hostile to foreign people, foreign money,
>and so on, so before you
>take the decision, you have to
>think all the pros and cons
>carefully. If you are looking for
>a normal job, either you have
>and outstanding curriculum, and a nice
>language range, or i can tell
>you that it is going to
>be difficult to find a job.
>Now in south africa you find
>the black empowerment, they give jobs
>first to black south africans, and
>then to white south africans and
>so on. I am not saying
>that is the wrong thing, the
>other way arround, i think they
>have to turn over the situation
>and give more oportunities to the
>black people. But i must say
>that it makes things more difficult.
>
>Im not trying to scare you off
>at all, im trying to make
>u understand that is hard, specially
>at the beginning.
>If you need any help, i will
>be very happy to help u,
>if it is in my hands.
>
>kind regards
>Quino
 Reply  Quote

thinking of settling in south africa
January 08, 2004 02:15PM
Anonymous User
Hi, am looking for anyone who can offer me free meals & accommodation in south africa before i get settled in return i can help with general work for a month.
 Reply  Quote

moving to SA
January 09, 2004 12:11AM
By Christy
Hello,
I am taking the plunge and moving very shortly.
I haven't decided where to settle yet. How is Durban or Natal? Those are the 2 parts I haven't explored...How is crime, etc..
Thanks,
Christy
 Reply  Quote

going home
January 13, 2004 04:45AM
Anonymous User
i am in the u.s.a.i'm 19 years old and managing a couple business,but am going back 2 s.a i will like 2 have a job in s.a before i leave.i hope u can help me.i`m from p.m.burg but am willing 2 relocate
 Reply  Quote

a family move !
February 14, 2004 06:06PM
By cathy
Hi ,

We are planning a move to cape town with our 2 teenage kids . It would be great to hear from anyone who as made the same move and can tell us of their experiences !!! Especially relating to how the youths reacted to the changes . How have they fitted into the high school and uni. campus?
Is there anyone out there that is working in the film industry that may have contacts in thewardrobe departments . We would appreciate any info that you would like to share with us ...

thanx cathy
 Reply  Quote

relocating to South Africa
February 23, 2004 08:11AM
Anonymous User
Hi Ulrich

Myself and my husband are think about moving to South Africa and hopefully buying a small vineyard.We have finding it difficult to obtain general info regarding buying property and the minumum investment we will be expected to make. Also any general info about the sort of life we can expect we when we get there and if it is a safe place to start a family would be very helpful as info on crime seams to be very contradictive depending on which web site you go too.
Thanks for any help
Nichola
 Reply  Quote

wish to know you better!
March 20, 2004 02:41AM
By HONESTY
how are things generally in your area? i wish to know you better, please, mail me
 Reply  Quote

South Africa
March 28, 2004 04:31AM
Anonymous User

I'm thinking of moving to South Africa to my names Simon I'm 37 and live in london be intreasting to know what you found out maybe we could swap info would be helpful to me anyhow....email me anytime lisa.
 Reply  Quote

moving to kimberly
April 18, 2004 10:08PM
Anonymous User
Jan,

I am a 34 year old White Brit and I plan to move to SA in around three months time with my wife and two children (six and three) to work for a sister company of my present employer.

I say "plan", we are currently in the decision making process at the moment as to whether to go for it or not !!

My two biggest concerns are for the safety of my family and the school system out there. I see you were moving in Jan 04 and you had the same concerns as me, and you are a teacher, so I was hoping you could send me some feedback of how you have found it?

I appreciate your time.

Kind Regards,
John
 Reply  Quote

moving to bloemfontein
May 18, 2004 09:44AM
By rene
Similar to Lisa's request:
I may move to Bloemfontein to work at
the University of the Free State there.

Is there anyone who knows the average
cost of living for a family with two young
children (2 and 10)? We stayed a few year in
Kenya, but I have no idea about the situation
in SA.

Thank you for any responses.
Dr. Rene John Dierkx
 Reply  Quote

OPPORTUNITY IN SA
June 22, 2004 05:48AM
By James
pls contact me at j.setiawan@lycos.com maybe I can help you to find the right person.
thank
 Reply  Quote

any help appreciated
July 12, 2004 09:20AM
By viki
Am going to cape town in middle of august for a second visit to see the place in winter! Would love to hear form anyone who's made the jump or seriously considering it. Am Head of Psychology in large secondary school but cant find out whether the equiv. of A level psychology is on offer in S.africa. Plus am single mum with 2 kids...but dont think this should put me off. I am dreaming?!
 Reply  Quote

You will love Winter
July 12, 2004 03:42PM
By Cath
If you like SA in Summer you will fall in love with the Winter! Re your work...the management schools (Damelin for example is currently going through major re-structuring) and universities (teaching 1st year at any of the 3rd level institutions would be perfect) You don't get psycho as a subject in high school...but university 1st year would be a great equivalent.
My husband and I are both professionals and are also looking to move within the next 10 months - we currently live in Ireland - he is irish, i am south african, but been living here for 7 years. Ireland is great, but nothing truly beats south africa it's an incredible place to be part of...mark my words...you will fall in love with winter!
 Reply  Quote

An idea
July 19, 2004 10:43AM
By Eve
Hi
Just an idea, not sure how you would feel about it. Very recently a global Wellness company has come to Johannesburg. Has been running successfully in Cape Town for three years. The business model is similar to MLM, with a slant more toward franshising than true MLM. Very impressive compensation plan attached for hard workers. Your partner would not require a work permit to join this group and it potentially could support you both lomger term. Contact me for more
 Reply  Quote

Moving to S.Africa
July 19, 2004 05:53PM
Anonymous User
Hi Lisa
I read your email about moving so S.A. I would like to know if you have relocated yet? I am a South African and would like to email more info.

Regards
 Reply  Quote

Moving to South Africa
July 20, 2004 07:52AM
By Bianca
Hi Shanaaz,

I saw your email about sending more info on moving to SA. I am interested in moving too, and would appreciate any info you could give.

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
 Reply  Quote

Relocation
August 02, 2004 04:31PM
Anonymous User
We are looking to move to Cape Town as a family. At this moment I work for Barloworld Handling UK. The company si very active in SA, with a large number of car delerships. I have contacted our HR department and they are sending all the 'info over. We would be greatful of any infomation you can give regarding this move, be good or bad

Kind regards and many thanks

Bill Salmon
 Reply  Quote

your letter in africaguide.com
August 05, 2004 01:58PM
Anonymous User
In order to advice you properly, I would like to communicate with you directly.
My email is: #####
My Tel. no is 01924-461783 (U.K.)
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully
Ulrich Dannecker
 Reply  Quote

Capetown
August 22, 2004 05:25AM
Anonymous User
Hi Mari-Louise,

I'm a little old lady of 61 who would like to spend a couple of months this winter in Capetown. I don't want to be cooped up in 'safe' suburb, but would like to move & groove around the town (walk on the streets, hang out on the beach, explore the city). How realistic is this? I understand the economic situation, the high unemployment rate, etc,, but I still don't want to get mugged. I'm not interested in Being a Tourist, so the touristy places are not attracive for me. I'll be doing volunteer stuff, hopefully.

Your advice would be appreciated.
 Reply  Quote

can u help me to come to south africa
August 25, 2004 08:57AM
By ABIODUN

my name ia biodun am from nigeria i will like u to help me in comming to south africa,tell me what and what to do,i will be waiting for ue reply
thank u in advance
Abiodun.
 Reply  Quote

can u help me to come to south africa
August 25, 2004 09:02AM
By ABIODUN

hello Lisa
my name is abiodun am from nigeria,i will like u to help me to come to SA,i will be happy if u can really help me S A as being my dream country to go,so reply me so that i will know what to do.
thank u in advance.
Abiodun.
 Reply  Quote

Howsit Luhan
March 07, 2005 11:19PM
By Brendon
Great choice to move back. My wife is Irish and we moved here a while back. The process of a work permit is difficult because everything is processed in Joburg and its a real schlep waiting for all the paperwork to be completed etc. Also avoid people hovering around offering to help you register etc. The easiest way to get a working permit is to start a company (CC or something and have your partner sign as well) That way he qualifies automatically for a working permit. Joburg is a great place if you are used to the Buzz in Dublin. In fact Dublin is a bit like a small town even though you cannot walk to most places while in Joburg as they are too far apart. Most jobs are in Joburg and accommodation is still affordable. The most important thing is to buy a car wherever you are in SA (as you well know) but luckilly our insurance is not a expensive as in Ireland so its affordable as well. Leave Cape Town for your holidays!
 Reply  Quote

Come to Clarence!
March 07, 2005 11:25PM
By Brendon
Cath please bring your husband around to Clarence/Bethlehem during the winter. Tell you what its a lot better than coctails at 'The Clarence' during the Irish winter. Spend time reading books overlooking the mountains next to a fireside. He will be hooked! Me and my Irish wife have spent the past year in Dublin and are now relocating back to Joburg. Would love to find out how your husband views the place. My wife loves it here even though its a bit 'edgy' sometimes!
 Reply  Quote

Bloem not too sweet
March 07, 2005 11:28PM
By Brendon
Hi Rene,

I know I know, Bloem is a bit of a kip! I am sure the varsity is nice but the people tend to be a bit xhenophobic in the old freestate. I live in Bethlehem currently and I am always glad to leave Bloem so I hereby invite you to come over should you wish to do so. Jeez we might even have a conversation in english even though at this stage your afrkaans shoudl be spot on!
 Reply  Quote

Hi Bill
March 08, 2005 07:03PM
By Brendon
Hello Bill,

I have not heard from you in a while. How is your relocation going?

Brendon Shields
 Reply  Quote

Moving to South Africa
September 29, 2006 08:22PM
By Jianren
I was born in SA but have been living in the USA for the last 18 years. I’m interested in moving back with my American wife but the reports I read and hear about regarding SA lifestyle, crime, job market etc. are very contradicting. I was planning on starting a karate school in or near Cape Town, teaching a style of karate that as far as I can tell is non-existent in South Africa.

My family that lives in Cape Town says that lots of people are moving back and there are a lot of tourists too but I hear from people on the internet living in SA that I must be mad to want to come back?

What are your thoughts?
 Reply  Quote

Africa Trip
October 20, 2006 01:44PM
Hi there Lisa,

Im also planning a 2 year trip to S.Africa in Feburary 2007. Having been to S.Africa in 2004 for 3 months visiting Jo'burg, Pretoria, Namibia, and Cape Town, I have since felt the need to go back. Im currently looking for work and im in the process of applying for a visa. It would be good to chat.
My e-mail address is above if you would like to get in contact.
Kind regards
Rebecca Nolan
 Reply  Quote

Relocating to SA
November 20, 2007 06:59AM
I am an indian and willing to relocate to south africa. I am plannig to come on visit and find a job there. Can u guide me which is best city to find a job and to reside. I will wait for u r reply.
My mail Id smile_x100x@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in Advance
Murali
 Reply  Quote

Re: Relocating to SA
June 16, 2009 10:12PM
By ukash
hi there i am also thinking about living and working in CT, SA
would like to get in contact with a Brendon Shields? are you still on here
could you drop me a mail at ashhh_@hotmail.com or post your mail here so we an chat

thanks
ash s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 10:29PM by ukash.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Relocating to SA
June 17, 2009 08:47PM
By ukash
oh and what is the construction industry like over in CT, SA?
im a plumber here in england, got 6 years under my belt but no papers
i can also paint, labour, carry bricks etc
ive also learnt some mechanics myself, i build scooters and motorbikes in my spare time and also have a tinker at cars every now and again, servicing etc
any jobs that would fit my skills?
any info would be great thanks?
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map