Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Hotels/Riads in Marrakesh

Hotel Ali at Marrakech
January 04, 2006 06:35AM
By kaj
Has anyone stayed over at "Hotel Ali" located in Marrakech? It's cheap so i was just wondering if it's clean safe and quiet since it's so near Djemaa el fna? Is there any other hotel you can recommend for less than $30 a night it's just me and my wife. Any input will be appreciated.

peace smiles,

kaj
 Reply  Quote

I have
January 07, 2006 07:06PM
I have Kaj,

My wife and I stayed there last March, and we would reccomend it. The rooms were nice, we got a private room with a shower for about $16 I think, and it was right on the Medina. Free internet access was an extra bonus, and they even had pretty good there. Check out the video of our trip to Morocco as:

http://www.humanbeingcurious.com/files/category-12.html
 Reply  Quote

Morocco video
January 07, 2006 07:34PM
By kaj
Excellent video it really got me pumped.
Thanks for the tip.
 Reply  Quote

hotel ali
January 23, 2006 11:14PM
Anonymous User
has anyone stayed at hotel ali???!!! sorry for being blunt but all the guide books, travel websites for budget travellers around morocco the first place they say is hotel ali - so have you been reading anything or is the first thing you have ever seen about travelling to morocco!!??

i would recommend hotel gazelle first and then hotel ali - it has nice rooms but a bit more expensive than hotel ali. but its the back packers fav hang out, they do breakfast and they include internet sessions in their price. they also do package tours but i always recommend doing travel independently. anyway have a read of a lonely planet guidebook for morocco - also its website - www.lonelyplanet.com and go to the thorntree place on it - but do a search and dont ask this same question before you do some searching!! and also look up www.virtualtourist.com and head for morocco. etc. good luck its a great place to visit but dont believe hardly anyone when you get there.
 Reply  Quote

accommodation in marrakech
January 23, 2006 11:25PM
Anonymous User
PS - sorry didnt read all your question properly - i would also really recommend hotel toulousain ph 0021244430033 - only 5 mins by taxi from the main square, only 195 dirham for two with good breakfast and ensuite - no tv though. hotel gazelle is nice and cheap too, both it and hotel ali have good roof top views and there is also hotel islane just nearby with a bit more modcons such as tv. check out the lonely planet guidebook.
 Reply  Quote

hotel Gazelle
January 12, 2008 09:29PM
Read with interest today January 12th 08 your report on the Ali and Gazelle. I want to go in April but cannot get in touch with the Gazelle from England. How did you do it. Any information would be of help. Linda
 Reply  Quote

Any one was in this hôtel can't recommond it for you, would recommend for you Riad Omar near this hotel in the PRINCE rowd, with good food and moroccan hospitality.
I am mountain guid in Morocco, I never recommded Hôtel Ali, many Riads and hôtels near Medina, you will fund in web easly...
you are welcom in morocco,
good travel,
driss hemmi
mountain and desert guide
driss_hemmi@hotmail.com
Tél:0021270504799
 Reply  Quote

hotel ali or riad omar
January 15, 2008 11:12AM
Thankyou for reply. I have checked riad omar and it is too expensive for me.
 Reply  Quote

Hotels/Riads in Marrakesh
January 15, 2008 02:58PM
By Vera
Admin
Hi

Did you check through all the hotels and riads listed here

http://www.africaguide.com/accomm/index.php?LocationID=57

there are varying prices.

other towns in Morroco are listed here
http://www.africaguide.com/accomm/index.php?LocationID=34

Hope this helps
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map