Africa Guide
recommended trip :

re car in Maroc

Bringing a car from Europe to Morocco
October 14, 2004 01:20PM
By chano
Hello Im hoping someone reading this will have experienced something similar and can give some advice.

I am working in Morocco and I have brought my car over from Spain, my question is, do I have to do anything special in terms of registering it with police? Right now I have a white slip with the car info that I received when I entered in Tangier, I have heard rumors of people having problems leaving the country with their cars if they stayed over a certain limit. I also want to be able to go to Spain from time to time and leave the car in Morocco, has anyone heard how to avoid hassles at the border lest the customs people think I have sold the car or something? Any advice either here or to my e-mail address is greatly appreciated, as I am having a hard time getting straight answers.
 Reply  Quote

re car in Maroc
October 25, 2004 07:10AM
Anonymous User
Hello Chano
I believe you have a posting on lonely planet with the same question ? and you have been answered that the paper you had recieved on entry (i presume Tanger) is valid for 3 months then go to any "Bureau d, Duane" for an extension
however once you change your status to Resident then you must complete the formalities for import of the vehicle,
as for travelling back to Spain and leaving the car then use the frontier "Bab Sebta" where there is a compound for this purpose and the customs charge a fee for this.
this is the only way in maroc as they do have this sector well under control.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map