Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Help I have a question about divorce in morocco

I need help!!!I married a man in Morocco 2 years ago and he has never been to america he is living in morocco now and I have not seen him for 1 year.We are seperated.We married under islam law in Rabat.I need to know if we are technically married and what I should do because I want to get married again so if anyone can help me please email me at valerie1985@live.com God bless you all.Thanks
 Reply  Quote

It depends!!!
February 16, 2009 09:33AM
By ahotep
Hi there,
You need to specify many things in order to get a question.

check out this page
http://www.atlanticonnection.com/marriage/what-do-i-need-to-get-married-with-a-moroccan.html

And if you did all what's listed on the document post your question in the Forum they have an expert who takes care of this kind of issues for free!
 Reply  Quote

about divorce
April 22, 2009 02:12AM
By bobrik
hi friend,

i think if you discussed with your man in morocco that you want to get a divorce its easy..there r two ways though..

u either go back to morocco and get a divorce just as the way you got married before in Morocco.

or,

contact your court in the states and ask for the divorce and explain how long have u been separated with him..they will put an ad that will last for 30 days and if he cant appear in front of the court, you'll get ur divorce immediately after 30 days..all you have to pay is 250$ !
that's your right and this applies to anyone married person that hasn't seen their other part for such a spell of time..the court will get u the divorce on behalf of him.

hope this information helps
 Reply  Quote

I agree with bobrik. There are also quick and easy divorce kits available online which you can use. It’s a package of basically two things; (1) Forms you need to present to the court when you file for divorce and (2) How-to sheets showing you what to do. Complete Case and Legal Zoom provides the best divorce kits around so you might want to take a look at it.
 Reply  Quote

First thing is, do you really want a divorce? I understand that i don't know a thing about your life and circumstances, but if it were me, I would prefer to get things straight before getting into a divorce. tampa family law
 Reply  Quote

our question does not make sense.

Did you married twice the same person, once in Morocco and then in the UK?
A person who get married in Morocco and then move to UK, France, USA, Canada, ....etc does not need to get married again.

The first place you got married at, is the only one that can give you proof of marriage, with that marriage certificate, when you travel you can show proof of your marriage when asked. That first place where you got married is the only place where you can get divorced.

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map