Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Be careful in Morocco

Be careful in Morocco
May 20, 2002 07:48AM
By Karen
We recently traveled to Morocco by crossing a ferry from Spain and into Ceuta. At the border, it takes them more than an hour to process immigration. A caucasian woman who was there ahead of us told us she's been made to wait for 2 hours and was very frustrated.

We had our own van and at the main highway, while traveling 140 kph, police will suddenly hail you to the side over nothing.

When we were finally in Fez, about to go into Medina, "tour guides" waiting outside will chase you either by foot or car to try and force you to hire them. Simply refuse if you encounter these.

Morocco is an interesting country but experiences such as these discourages a lot of people to go back for more.
 Reply  Quote

Morocco
October 14, 2002 07:36AM
Anonymous User
Don`t forget to have a look through the Morocco itineraries at http://www.africaguide.com/ttophome.htm

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

not likely
August 03, 2003 09:49PM
Anonymous User
so we pay you to keep th elocals at bay. sounds like a throughly enriching experience
 Reply  Quote

Morocco Experiences
August 04, 2003 06:15AM
Anonymous User
Not the locals per se. Just the overzealous, but friendly "guides" who want to show you around.

If you wish to endure that, so be it.

You see more with us, meet really "local" folks and have no hassles.

Yes, the border crossing can be up to 2 hours.

I just drove down to Fes and had to rememeber where the ryad I was going to was . So many "students" there to "help" me. They all tried to mislead me even though they where friendly. And the guy on the motorcycle WAS kind enough to point me in the right direction when I explained I already had an OFFICIAL guide to help me. (My problem was that I did not have my Moroccan mobile phone card with me and could not call the ryad or my guide as planned.)

So there are difference choices for different types of people.
 Reply  Quote

Israel stamp on your passport
September 13, 2003 10:08AM
Anonymous User
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a problem entering Morocco with an EU passport that has an Isreali stamp on it? What about other countries in North Africa - are there any definite no-gos with an Israeli stamp?
 Reply  Quote

Israel Stamp.
September 13, 2003 08:17PM
Anonymous User
I have no idea. But there is a website to contact different ministeries in Morocco. You can contact them in English.

I inquired about having 2 passports and was given info the next day,

Sorry, do not have that site handy. Shpuld be easy to search for.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map