Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Become a volunteer for Africa

Become a volunteer for Africa
September 26, 2009 08:13AM
The GBO is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping orphans and vulnerable children in

Central Africa and beyond, grow up in healthy, nurturing environments that provide quality

care, protection, education, and support. They do this by assisting the families,

communities, organizations and departments charged with their care.
Volunteers work alongside local professionals. Intern-student-volunteers observe and assist

in the work of the local professionals and serve under the supervision of the professionals.

People without special skills, professional qualifications or previous experience can also

volunteer in some of their programs in Africa.

Volunteer Openings:
* Orphanage home – this program is based in GBO orphanage and other associated

orphanages requiring assistance. Volunteers will be required to teach English and other

foreign languages, basic computer skills, @#$%& education/HIV awareness, religious studies and

general education to children, create extra entertaining and educative programs to children,

take care of the child's bathing, feeding and sleeping.
* Teaching in nursery, primary and secondary schools –this program is focused in schools

lacking teachers and other educational facilitates. Volunteers will also be required to

teach English and other foreign languages, basic computer skills, @#$%& education/HIV

awareness, religious studies and general education to pupils and students, create extra

entertaining and educative programs to pupils and students
* Health care in clinics and hospitals/HIV awareness - In most hospitals, especially in

rural areas, they have slow and low medical attention. This is due to lack of equipment and

enough qualified medical personals. Volunteers will assist the medical Doctor where needed.
Interested applicants should forward their CV/resume and state which area of work interests

them.

Organization: Goodwill Brothers Organisation (G.B.O)

Address: PO Box 165, Kumba, Cameroon

Project Location: Cameroon

Languages: English

Who can volunteer? Adults, seniors of both @#$%& 16+

Commitment: 1 week minimum

Cost: Volunteers receive free accommodation, meals and purified bottled water. Participants

stay with carefully selected, respectable host families.
Notes: The G.B.O. will arrange for volunteer's feeding and accommodation during his or her

period of work and will assist in volunteer visa processing. The Teaching program is also

closed during school holidays which run during April, August and December/early January.
 Reply  Quote

October 09, 2009 07:37AM
By venson
Morning,

My name is Venson Kolobo,my home country is Botswana.I stay in Gaborone Botswana i am realy interested in what you offer to help those who has no means.As far as im concerned i want to find out how can i volunteer in your oraganisation since it seems its only based in Cameroon.i am realy intereted in your project how can i have an impact?

regards,

Venson Kolobo
 Reply  Quote

October 13, 2009 03:12PM
By jemmoh
Hello there,
I am James, a Kenyan trained primary school teacher and interested in offering the service advertised.
somebody send me more information on the same. Thank you
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map