Africa Guide
recommended trip :

qualified and willing to help!

Volunteer Teacher - Mozambique
November 23, 2006 10:26AM
By Avalon
Looking for volunteer to teach very small class of Grade 4/5 in Chimoio, Mozambique. Newly qualified or partly qualified can also apply to gain experience. Accomodation and fair subsistance allowance provided.
 Reply  Quote

volunteer teaching
December 14, 2006 02:44PM
By geckozo
Hi
I am interested in working as a volunteer teacher. I am a qualified primary school teacher. Please could you email me with some more information. Thank you.
 Reply  Quote

Volunteer Teacher - Mozambique
December 22, 2006 03:52PM
By Avalon
Hi, we are looking for a volunteer to facilitate the South African computer based learning system 'Brainline' with very small class of primary children. This learning system is Cambridge accredited from grade 4. All resources, lesson plans etc are available on computer cd's to be printed or used interactively. We are in the small town of Chimoio, 2 hours inland from Beira on the coast. The official language here is Portuguese. All teaching is in English but learners will also have Portuguee lessons (this can be arranged seperatley). The teacher would be free to travel (or whatever) during the school holiday periods which are 4 weeks in April/May, 4 weeks in August/Sept and 6 weeks in Dec/Jan. Half terms are long weekends. Accomodation and fair subsistence allowance would be provided. School hours are 0800 to 1245 but teacher would need to be available for supervision and arranging extra mural activities on afternoons except fridays. Would like to hear more from you, please tell us about yourself and ask any questions you like!
 Reply  Quote

Dear Sir/Madam,
January 02, 2007 05:58PM
RESUME

Titl: To apply for a math or english teaching job in your institution.

Name Bismark Larbi Davis

Address P.O.Box TS 879,
Teshie,Accra.
Ghana.

Telephone 233-21-714487

E-Mail davisbismark2002@yahoo.com

Nationality Ghana

Date of Birth 21st August,1985

Marital status Single

Gender Male

Education/Qualification

2004-2005 University of Ghana,Accra, BsC (Physics and Mathematics)

2001-2003 Presby Boys` Secondary School, Accra,SSSCE
Science( A),Mathematics( B ),English Language( D)

2002-2003 Head,Planning and Administration ,PRESEC Youth Concern Club
Duties were:undertook a range of ad hoc projects, including researching background information in connection with policy development and other work within the section.
This requires competence in the use of spreadsheets, of the organization`s database , for which training will be provided, and of PowerPoint presentations;
co-ordinating the department’s dealings with central departments such as telecommunications and central filing;
other appropriate tasks to assist in the work of Personnel and Administrative Services as requested, including assistance as appropriate with the work of members of the support team in Personnel Services, and ad hoc support to other senior officers in Personnel Services.

2002-2003 Board Member,PRESEC Civic Education, NCCE,Ghana

2001-2003 Member, PRESEC Science Club
Duties: Performed specific duties pertaining to research activities assigned by principal investigator or project leader, or commensurate with educational background and experience, may have independent or supervisory roles in research. May participate in preparation of proposals to funding agencies.
May be responsible for installation and operation of research equipment.
Responsible for evaluation, selection and application of standard techniques of research. May prepare or assist in writing manuscripts for publication in refereed journals or other technical publications. Performs other duties as required.
The nature of the duties are such that they require knowledge of an advanced type in a field of science or learning, are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
Assigned to specific duties pertaining to research activities by principal investigator or project leader. Responsible for evaluation, selection, and application of standard techniques of routine research. Performs detailed analyses and records observations and measurements. Performs related duties as required.
The nature of the duties are such that they require knowledge of an advanced type in a field of science or learning, are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.

2001-2003 Member, PRESEC Agro-Business club

2005 Scholastic Aptitude Test (English and Mathematics),USA,
score of 1275/1650

1996-2000 Teshie Estates Preparatory and Junior Secondary School,BECE
English Language(1),Science(1),Mathematics(1)

Employment to date

2002-2004 CAFACAYO Charity Organization,Secretary
Behind Caprice ,Kpehe,Accra.
Duties are:developing and maintaining appropriate local filing systems and retrieving relevant material;
dealing with telephone calls, greeting visitors, and arranging appropriate catering for meetings, making and delivering beverages where required;
dealing with incoming mail and e-mail within agreed parameters but also making judgements on content in order to divert mail to the relevant officer where it does not require the President`s personal attention, as well as dealing with routine correspondence on their behalf;
acting as the main point of contact with people of all levels for all inquiries, business, and visitors, deciding what action is appropriate in each case, including redirection to other members of the division, or dealing with matters on their own authority. The range of contacts is extremely large, covering many external organisations (often at a very high level),

2006 SPB Uni-Commerz Ltd,Data Analyst,Trade Fair site,La,Accra,Ghana
Duties: Data collection ,analysing trade between countries,import and export imbalances.
2005-2006 Teshie Estate Preparatory/JSS, English and Science Teacher,Teshie Nungua Estates,Accra,Ghana

Skills Computer literate:Basic IT Concepts,Windows,Word processing,
Ms Excel,Internet and E-mail ,
Presentation,and Corel Draw.

Interests Reading,swimming,gardening

References (1) Mr.William Baffour-Mensah
Board Memeber,National Communications Authority,Accra.
Tel:+233-21-764231

(2) Mr.Kojo Nuamah-Mensah
Tel:+233-244-216483

COVER LETTER

To Whom It May Concern:

As the Headmaster of TEPS/JSS, I have had the pleasure of knowing
bISMARK
dAVIS for the last four years. He has been a tremendous student and an
asset
to our school. I would like to take this opportunity to recommend
Bismark
for your business assistant.

I feel confident that he will continue to succeed in his prowess.
Bismark
is a dedicated student and thus far his grades have been exemplary.
In class, he has proven to be a take-charge person who is able to
successfully develop plans and implement them.

Bismark has also assisted us in our admissions office. He has
successfully
demonstrated leadership ability by counseling new and prospective
students.
His advice has been a great help to these students, many of whom have
taken
time to share their comments with me regarding his pleasant and
encouraging
attitude.

It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for Bismark
without reservation.

His drive and abilities will truly be an asset to your establishment.

Sincerely,

Michael Amponsah
Head of TEPS/JSS

CURRICULUM VITAE

Name Bismark Larbi Davis

Address P.O.Box TS 879,
Teshie,Accra.
Ghana.

Telephone +233-20-8515415 / +233-21-714487

E-Mail davisbismark2002@yahoo.com

Nationality Ghana

Date of Birth 21st August,1985

Marital status Single

Gender Male

Education/Qualification

2004-2005 University of Ghana,Accra, Summer course in BsC (Physics and Mathematics)

2001-2003 Presby Boys` Secondary School, Accra,SSSCE
Science( A),Mathematics( B ),English Language( D)

2002-2003 Head,Planning and Administration ,PRESEC Youth Concern Club

2002-2003 Board Member,PRESEC Civic Education, NCCE,Ghana

2001-2003 Member, PRESEC Science Club

2001-2003 Member, PRESEC Agro-Business club

2005 Scholastic Aptitude Test (English and Mathematics),USA,
score of 1275/1650

1996-2000 Teshie Estates Preparatory and Junior Secondary School,BECE
English Language(1),Science(1),Mathematics(1)

Employment to date

2002-2004 CAFACAYO Charity Organization,Secretary
Behind Caprice ,Kpehe,Accra.

2006 SPB Uni-Commerz Ltd,Data Analyst,Trade Fair site,La,Accra,Ghana

Skills Computer literate:Basic IT Concepts,Windows,Word processing,
Ms Excel,Internet and E-mail , Presentation,and Corel Draw.

Interests Reading,computing,gardening

References (1) Mr.William Baffour-Mensah
Board Memeber,National Communications Authority,Accra.
Tel:+233-21-764231

(2) Mr.Kojo Nuamah-Mensah
Tel:+233-244-216483
 Reply  Quote

Teaching in Mozambique
January 05, 2007 07:06AM
Anonymous User
Hi there. I am interested in applying for the teaching position advertised. I have done a lot of work with children and currently work as a swimming teacher. I am available for short or long term work (pref long) as soon as July of 2007. I lived in Kenya from age 13-16. Africa is in my blood. Please let me know if there is anything I can do (courses etc) to make me a more suitable applicant. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much. Naomi Beckingham
 Reply  Quote

volunteer teacher
January 06, 2007 10:30AM
Anonymous User
A friend of mine who is a teacher and lives in Chimoio is very much interested in the post. Would u please send him details through my account.
 Reply  Quote

qualified and willing to help!
March 29, 2007 01:04AM
By Rachel
Hello,

My name is Rachel, I am a High School teacher from Australia. I have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts and a Bachelors Degree in Education. I am more than willing to work abroad in Africa for long or short periods of time.

Please contact me with further information.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Warm Regards,

Rachel.
 Reply  Quote

very interested
March 31, 2007 10:12AM
Hi there
My name is Freddie and I am a 21 year old student at the University of Nottingham, England. I have tefl teaching qualifications and have gained experience working with children in numerous jobs. I would be most interested in any job you could offer me if you are still recruiting.
Yours sincerely
Freddie Matthews
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map