Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Volunteer

At the beginning, the initial objective was to uplift the needy children in the community. However, this objective has been overruled by the current objective of assisting children who have been orphaned by natural deaths and by HIV/Aids. A child would only be admitted to omega Children’s Home if he meets the following criteria of eligibility.
o If orphaned by Natural deaths
o If orphaned by HIV/Aids
o If the parent(s) are either physically or mentally handicapped.
o If the Parent(s) have been convicted for a very long sentence and the future of the child is likely to be affected e.g. lack of education.
o When a child is living under extreme poverty such that his/her survival is very uncertain.

Children are not discriminated on:
o Race
o Tribe
o Political affiliation or
o Religion creed or
o @#$%&

When in the children’s Home, the child is, provided with the following services:-
o Food
o Medical attention when sick and regular medical check up.
o Education, both formal for the academically bright children and informal for the children who are academically challenged.
o Spiritual care.
o Guidance and counseling.
o Protection from any form of moral or physical abuse.

Currently the home is hosting one hundred and twenty two children in the Home. We are however moving to the home based assistance in order to reach for more children. This is where the child is being assisted while still staying with his relatives at their maternal home.

we therefore need volunteers to work and help in the centre by playing with the chidren, help in the out reach projects, help in fencing the centre to improve security,in renovating the play ground, help to nature sports talents, eg football, volleyball etc

those intrested contacts us and we give you the deatils of the work camp, the duration can take from 1 week to 6 weeks,
thanks
 Reply  Quote

RE: Children Home
October 24, 2006 09:38AM
By IHRMS

Hi
I am very interested in you work that you are doing because I am currently in the process of setting up a children home.

One thing, I was wondering whether we could link up to start it im my country as well.

Thank you

Regards

Josephine
 Reply  Quote

fMukuyuni village
October 25, 2006 11:23AM
By joreid
i am interested in your work. although i live in the uk i am interested working with an organisation such as yours. this is something i want to do in the long term. iam looking to come and live in kenya and if there is anyway i will be of use in your organisation i will be willing to do some work with you. kindly let me know through email
 Reply  Quote

Very very keen..
December 21, 2006 01:17PM
HI, my name is Carol. I am 34 years old and very very keen to do some volunteer work. I will be in South Africa in Feb 07 and would like to stay on and volunteer. I have been to Kenya before and fell in love with the people - i would love to put something back into the community. Please SEND ME AN EMAIL link with more information if i can be of help?
Thanks,Carol.
 Reply  Quote

Keen to work
January 08, 2007 06:11AM
Hi I will be travelling up through Kenya in around 6-7 weeks time and would be keen to help out in whatever way possible. I am 28, fit and healthy with a variety of skills. Please send me an e mail so we ca co-ordinate a time and placement details. I will be available for around 2 weeks.

Regards,

Brett
 Reply  Quote

Volunteer
January 31, 2007 07:22AM
By teemak
I wish to join your organisation. I have a Degree in Social Sciences and a Diploma in PR. I am eager to add value to your programmes.

I have worked for the United Nations and European Union. I also have a passion for community developmental programmes.

Please contact me
 Reply  Quote

Reply to volunteer post
February 05, 2007 02:35AM
I am very keen to go to mukuyuni village this summer, i spent 3 months in Kimilili last year and have great experience at this - i jump at the chance, please send me information

kind regards
anthony mckie
 Reply  Quote

Very interested
February 10, 2007 07:02AM
By Kee6796
I am very interested in your program and would love to be a part of it. If you could send me more information that would be wonderful. Thank you.
Jaimie
 Reply  Quote

volunteer work
February 14, 2007 05:59PM
By Vicky
Sir,
I am very interested in volunteering in your childrens home. I currently study in England. Last year, I worked as an Helen Doron Early English Teacher with young children. Working in your organisations would be a great opporturnity for me. Could you send me the details, please.

Regards,
Victoria
 Reply  Quote

RE; Interested!
February 15, 2007 09:19AM
By rayden
Hullo!
Thank you for the goog work going on, i for one im really touched by the cause to see through these youngsters.
Any responsibility accorded will be fulfilled.
More details please!
Rayden
 Reply  Quote

Eager to help
February 15, 2007 02:19PM
Hi,

I plan to be in Kenya for the entire month of August 2007. I am very interested in this volunteering opportunity, and would appreciate an email detailing the costs/duties/guidelines of this particular project.

Many thanks!
 Reply  Quote

Volunteer opportunity
February 27, 2007 06:14PM
By sprince
I am just completing a degree in Biological Sciences, and due to graduate this June. Before I start a new job/course I have around 4 weeks over July/Aug free and would be very keen to learn more about volunteering opportunities at the orphanage....costs, accomodation etc.

Many thanks
 Reply  Quote

very interested
March 31, 2007 10:17AM
Hi there
My name is Freddie and I am a 21 year old student at the University of Nottingham, England. I have tefl teaching qualifications and have gained experience working with children in numerous jobs. I would be most interested in any job you could offer me if you are still recruiting.
Yours sincerely
Freddie Matthews
 Reply  Quote

volunteering
April 13, 2007 09:55AM
By hannah7
Hi, Im very interested in your volunteer project-could you please send me some more information. Thank you, Hannah
 Reply  Quote

volunteering
April 15, 2007 06:55AM
Hi!

I would also like to be a volunteer in your organisation. I have worked with little kids for more than four years, but i would love to give something from me to the kids in Kenya as well!
Therefore, please send me an e-mail with more details.

Thank you
Gerda
 Reply  Quote

volunteering
June 30, 2007 07:50AM
Hello!
I am coming to africa this year from australia and I am looking to do some football coaching between 23/10 and 20/11.
Could you please send me any further information you may have.
Thanks Steve
 Reply  Quote

Children Home
July 06, 2007 01:52PM
By Megan12
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a Zimbabwean citizen by birth but in addition I have South African citizenship. I am interested in this position of assisting at a children's home in Kenya that I have seen advertised on www.africaguide.com.

Please kindly contact me at the email address on my profile for further information and so that I may get some more information.

Many thanks and kind regards
Megan
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map