Africa Guide
recommended trip :

volunteer medical placements

medical work
February 09, 2009 09:17PM
By seher1
Hi, Im a Biomedical student in the UK and am coming to Kenya in June with a friend, I am looking to do some voluntary work in the medical field, like a clinic, hospital etc, would anybody be able to point me in the right direction? I just don't want to go through these placement companies because they charge an arm and a leg, and also I have my own accommodation.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this?
 Reply  Quote

volunteer medical placements
February 12, 2009 06:54AM
By chris
Please contact christopher at info@vicdkenya.com for Volunteer medical placements and other placements.
chris
 Reply  Quote

Jobs available in Kenya
February 14, 2009 12:15PM
By Sokomob
You can check a list of jobs, over 50 entered every day, in Kenya on www.sokomob.com.

In addition, there are a number of NGOs and hospitals that write to us enquiring about placements.

Drop us a line for specific assistance or just check the jobs section of www.sokomob.com for more details.
 Reply  Quote

Kibera - Nairobi
February 14, 2009 09:37PM
Anonymous User
Hi,

I know of this small upcoming clinic located in Nairobi, Kibera that can use your help. The clinic serves a huge population of the sorrounding community and am sure they are in need of extra hands. If you are interested I can give you their details you have a chat with them.

Cheers

Paul
 Reply  Quote

medical work
February 16, 2009 03:50PM
Hi, the best way to volunteer is through an organization because most clinics do not offer this service officially but through volunteer companies. (You are not allowed to advertise medical services in Kenya).

I advice you to go with a local organization so that the benefits might be effective in a wider scale proportion instead of international companies who claim the owners of the projects while in real sense don't have the legalities to do so.

Don't be fooled by the sweet smooth talkers of international organizations who are just after your money instead of the well being of the societies they put you in, get a company that is connected with the volunteer project and serves the people.

I learned that in my experience last year.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map