Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Is investing in property in Mauritius a good idea?

My partner and I are looking to buy a property in Mauritius.

We're looking at this new development - http://www.emeraldheightsmauritius.com.

However since we haven't been to Mauritius before any insider knowledge would be much appreciated. Is it easy to buy there? What is the political climate like? Do you think it would be a good investment? How many British people live there? Has anybody heard about this new development? Etc, etc...

Many thanks in advance.
 Reply  Quote

not recommended
April 10, 2009 09:04AM
By tectec
Hi

i dont recommend this project as it will be found in the middle of nowhere in the south of the island far from te beach (and there are no good beaches in the south). It has not even started.
better choose a property in a region such as grand bay in the north or black river in the south, close to all amenities, secure, and affordable.
 Reply  Quote

Property
April 20, 2009 05:15AM
I highly recommend this project. It is one of the best you will find. I do have some inside information on this but cant go into much detail.

What I can say is that you will truly get value for money on this. You will also get an awesome house / apartment whichever you choose.

The company is a uk based one. They are highly regarded in the luxury housing field.

If I had the money, this would be my choice. Some of the technology going into this is also very high spec.

Best is request a leaflet, speak to the company and they will let you know why its worth it.

Unfortunately I cant get into much detail, but you will be pleased with this one.

They also have a seperate beach house area that is going to be just awesome.

Dig a little deeper for yourself and see where you want to live and in what style.

I might sound biased because im from the UK and like the mix of UK quality / style with the Mauritian tropical idea.

Hope you find your paradise smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Emerald Heights Mauritius
April 23, 2009 07:16AM
Thanks for your replies.

Sidshady - I'm really intrigued where you're getting your information from? I'm glad you think it would be a good investment as my partner and I have already fallen in love with Emerald Heights.

We have our eyes on the 'JASMIN' apartment - http://www.emeraldheightsmauritius.com/index.php?p=232&pp=213&page=Property%20Types. We plan to to use it as a holiday home with a view to eventually moving to Mauritius.

Can anyone recommend a good website about Mauritius and buying overseas there?

Many thanks!
 Reply  Quote

Emerald Heights
May 11, 2009 06:30AM
My source is them directly to be honest.

We know the people who is in charge of the setup here so he has been very honest with us regarding what they are doing there. This is why I love this project above all else.

You may be interested in an article that has come out on the person running the project.

Have a look at this link
http://www.islandinfo.mu/files/flip_book/may09/index.htm

Go to the life style page. Its an article about Lord Steven Aldridge. He is the main person running the project.

If you would like more information on buying here etc, I will contact them directly on your behalf.

Dont worry, im not charging a fee smiling smiley. I came over from the UK as well, and have been here just over 2 years, so im more than happy to help smiling smiley

Hope to see you around in Sunny Mauritius.
 Reply  Quote

Emerald Height
May 12, 2009 04:45AM
LAST EDITED ON May-12-09 AT 09:22 AM (GMT)

Hi terrifishpie,

I spoke to Steve and he emailed me this:
So if you want to I can give him your email address and he will contact you directly.

Sid

It is very easy, if they decide on a particular apartment from the build plan then they need to follow these steps.

The price of a one bed, fully furnished apartment with all legal costs included is €275,000

They must have a credit check by Barclays or HSBC on the island, this can be done via the Internet. The bank here contacts the clients bank and makes sure they are who they say they are and that they have the money to go ahead.

They then need to fill out a form for the BOI and send payment of Rs10,000

They need to sign a VEFA contract and send the first payment of 25%

Their property should be ready within 12 months of receiving the deposit.

If you would like me to email them all of the details let me have their email address, I can get a brochure posted to them from the UK within 2 days

Let me know

Steve
 Reply  Quote

more details u can cont the property builder sims property in mauritius 230-4133550they will help u in detail u can refer me imran
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map