Africa Guide
recommended trip :

EDUCATORS IN SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOL - REPLY TO JAMESD

Buyng Property and relocating
April 26, 2008 02:44PM
By JamesD
I am interested in investing in a property in Mauritius, however I would only be relocating / retiring in a few years time. Is this possible?

I understand that if one purchases a property one can apply to become a resident?

I would appreciate any info and advice.
Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Retire in Mauritius
April 28, 2008 04:48AM
That is correct. But the investment into your property would need to be USD 500,000 minimum.

This gets you an your family residency and all the benefits of tax relief and all, but I don't know how that stuff works.

Its also the reason why so many people are investing into IRS projects in Mauritius. These houses are very luxurious and are designed to cost UD$ 500,000 and above.

If you have that much to invest, I can let you know what projects are available and the costs too.

Some go upto $2m and there are even more expensive ones coming up that will really break the bank.

Let me know if you want more info on these

http://www.islandinfo.mu
 Reply  Quote

Re:
April 30, 2008 04:46AM
Hello JamesD
An alternative solution to buying an IRS property is to apply for a Residence permit as a Retired non-citizen. To qualify as a retired non-citizen, you should not engage in any economic activity in Mauritius and transfer at least USD 40,000 to your bank account in Mauritius (the bank account should be opened before applying for residence permit). The residence permit will be issued for a period of 3 years. After 3 years of residence in Mauritius, the retired non-citizen may apply for a permanent residence status if he has maintained an annual transfer of at least USD 40,000. When a Permanent Residence Permit is issued you will be allowed to acquire property in mauritius (conditions apply).
Should you require more information, you can contact me on my email address. Further, if you want to register under that scheme, I will be please to help you.
With Kind Regards
Nicolas
 Reply  Quote

Reply to SidShady
May 01, 2008 01:58PM
By JamesD
Thanks for the info. Have there been any developments under the (new) RES schemes?
 Reply  Quote

Reply to Nicolas
May 01, 2008 02:01PM
By JamesD
Thanks. That is what we suspected. Do you know about the need for teachers or educators in the Special Needs (Disabled) school system? My Wife is highly qualified in the field. We would be interested in emigrating to Mauritius.
 Reply  Quote

Buying Property and relocating
October 05, 2008 08:22AM
Dear James

I read your message posted on the forum of africa guide. I work for a company which currently allows foreigners to buy property in Mauritius which thus guarantee them, their dependants’ permanent residence. We can also assist you to reduce your tax liability when moving to Mauritius. Regaridng your other point, the timing does not mater, you may buy the property now and settle here in 2 years. Please let me know if you are interested in same.

Regards
Hommekaya
 Reply  Quote

mauritius
October 05, 2008 09:18AM
dear james

please send me an email on hommekaya@yahoo.co.uk for further info.

regards
 Reply  Quote

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-08 AT 09:42 AM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-08 AT 08:15 AM (GMT)

We shall be opening a school soon. As part of our CSR action, we shall provide free courses to the disabled. It would be nice if you could email me so that we could discuss further.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map