Africa Guide
recommended trip :

working in mauritius

working in mauritius
September 19, 2005 02:44PM
By Katie
i'm from England and currently studying Architecture at university. the course is 5 years including a year of working as an architectect with a company. i recently fell in love with mauritius on a holiday there afew months ago and would love to work as an architect over there as work experinace for a year is this possible?

please reply katie x
 Reply  Quote

working in mauritius
September 29, 2005 07:44PM
of course Katie ,
its a little tough for the authorities to give your potential employer that acceptance. But there is a chance , go through the yellow pages of mauritius and contact each and every Architectural firm .

Believe,
Kayssaven

... where Africa comes to you ..
 Reply  Quote

Work in Mauritius
November 14, 2005 06:59PM
Anonymous User
hi katie
I think this might be possible and I know a few contacts in the industry. Let me know how you wish to proceed and we can touch base.
Bye
Richie
 Reply  Quote

architechture
December 21, 2005 06:25AM
By Sadie
Hi there !

You can contact the LamPoTang, Gaitan Siew chambers, they are the reference in terms of architects in Mauritius. However, getting a permit to 'stay' for a year for your work placement can be tricky in Mauritius as the authorities are quite parano about it. The more influential the company, the easier it will be for your permit procedure. Everything goes through the Prime Minister's office and you should be well ahead in your application and contacting the respective firms as early as possible, as the backlogs at the PMO can be a pain.
Another strong reference is Mrs Meera Boollel-Kushiram whose father was the Vice PM of the country and is well respected. Try the yellon pages on servihoo.com for any contact add, etc ...
Connecting to the people mentioned above should get your permit for a year granted like bread on butter ....

Good luck !

sadie
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map