Africa Guide
recommended trip :

work salaries for expatriate

Work Salaries
July 24, 2005 05:34PM
To anyone who can respond.

I am UK resident and my wife is Mauritian by birth. We have been in the UK for the past 13 years of our marriage and are starting to prepare for going back to Mauritius next year sometime as a resident. I am currently studying for my MCA which is a microsoft certified administrator qualification dealing with C# programming, software development and web page development. I am curious to find out if anyone can tell me the existing salaries for such jobs which involves these qualifications. We have been to the Mauritian consulate in London and we have sorted out the legal requirements for gaining residency.
But my initial requirment at this time is to let me know what is the salary for a programmer, or software developer or web developer in Mauritius. anyone with concrete information. Let me know your help would be appreciated.

Steve
 Reply  Quote

salarys
July 25, 2005 10:32AM
Anonymous User
Hi Steve the salary structure is way below the UK here.Fantastic life, wonderful people, but unlikely you will earn more than R25.000 per month.Also employers usually prefer you to speak french as well.
 Reply  Quote

Salaries
July 25, 2005 08:05PM
Hi Trochetia

Thank you for the info. I was suprised at the salary as IT is in demand. What IT jobs pay more on the island in which departments so i can work around what i am doing. Or would i be better to work for myself. Can you provide this information it would be a big help.

Again many thanks for your input.

Steve
 Reply  Quote

salary
July 26, 2005 09:22AM
Anonymous User
Hi Steve
So sorry to be negative re wages structure. You should think about working for yourself or perhaps see if you can get a contract to work here from an overseas country who pay expatriate salary.Good luck.
 Reply  Quote

work salaries for expatriate
August 01, 2005 04:24PM
hello steve,

trochetia , was right .

here is another picture, you use csharp , right now webservices is taking up , if you got good skills with j2ee its wonderful wonderful with the eclipse/struts/hibernate framework , if you are c sharp there is still jobs here , but skills shall be there , bear in my steve i dont know your skills just telling you how is the market here.

right now in mauritius .

j2ee architects are getting loads of money , also if you can develop webservices with MS technologies .net its perfect try looking at www.e-cybercity.mu , there might be some openings for you to get an idea.

was this concrete Steve,

kayssaven,
Africa Guide. Com Die Hard
 Reply  Quote

Estate agents
August 23, 2005 06:46PM
Hello

We have discovered some websites containing estate agents on Mauritius island. As we are coming to settle next year we are looking for more estate agents on the web. Can you show a list of sites that contain houses with prices for sale and possible pictures of properties within the island districts. And expatriate schools aswell as mauritian schools. And i have a Vauxhall Zafira which is a 7 seater can parts be obtained there on the island or will it be better to sell in the UK and buy a car there.
 Reply  Quote

estate agents
August 24, 2005 03:55PM
try www.servihoo.com , the classified adds with your wife for a start for you to get a good pricing index.

also sell the zafira , as parts for vauxhall very rare to find , as a result will be very expensive .

www.lebocage.net for the expats school

here you go

kayssaven
 Reply  Quote

August 24, 2005 08:17PM
Kayssaven

Thank you for your timely response i will carry on my search. Maybe we will bump into each other one day. Not literally. Take care write soon

Steve and Jo
 Reply  Quote

Estate Agents
October 15, 2006 08:03PM
By Spock
Have a look at this page:

www.eaa-mauritius.com

Around 24 or more Estate Agencies of different size listed there with all contact information. There is a well an advertising section and some of the agents have their own. All linked and available from this side.

Cheers
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map