Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: "Thoughts on the Shandrani?"

Thoughts on the Shandrani?
January 23, 2004 11:52AM
Anonymous User
We have looked through brochures for all inclusive holidays and one which stands out for me is the Shandrani in terms of value and quality.

However, I am concerned that it is on the South of the island (and the weather in June), that it is in an unspoilt part of the island (and I worry that by the time we go in June 2005 there may be more hotels being built there) and, most importantly, that it is very close to the airport and therefore there would be the constant sound of planes overhead.

Please could you give me your thoughts as to whether this is a good hotel and, for anyone who has been or stayed there, whether the planes are awful.

Also, what is Blue Bay like as an area?

Thanks,

Andi
 Reply  Quote

Factors for a good holiday
January 24, 2004 09:06AM
Anonymous User
Hello Andi,

As it appears you are searching for a good deal for the best holidays available .

What i can add to your search is that blue bay is a relatively small beach . its beautiful but its small.
And during weekend its packed. Chandrani is near the airport and Andi the Planes might cause some noise pollution.

Now concerning "unspoilt" places in mauritius. TO me it is obvious by 2005 there will be some further development throughout the island . If you want some place when you need space. I will advise le morne . Dinarobin . .. its far from the civilisation yet it is calm.

So thats it. Andi you have till 2005 to choose smiling smiley

Good luck
 Reply  Quote

Re: "Thoughts on the Shandrani?"
February 11, 2004 07:30PM
By Adam
I stayed there three years ago and thought it was very good. The airport is close and you get a few jumbos every day roaring overhead but it was quite fun to see them so low. It's probably busier now but it didn't bother me at all. The smaller jets are hardly noticed.

It might not be so hot in June though, the north west of the island might be a better bet
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map