Africa Guide
recommended trip :

mauritius

Paradis Hotel
December 11, 2003 05:25PM
Anonymous User
I am planning a surprise birthday holiday for my wife at Paradis hotel in Jan 04.

As it is a surprise I may have to do all the packing.

A number of questions

1) Weather wear. What clothes would be required in the evenings in January?

2)I am a keen windsurfer. Are there good winds for windsurfing. Is there modern advanced equipment available?

3) Is there an opportunity for clothes shopping?

4) Are any preparations needed regarding visas and innoculations?

5) Are mosquitos a problem. Do the hotels provide anti mosquito precautions or should I bring them with me.

6) Has anyone been sea fishing. What was your view?

7) Has anyone hired a car? Was it worth it? Is there much to discover?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Rupert Chapman
 Reply  Quote

mauritius
December 12, 2003 08:21AM
Anonymous User
Hi ! Rupert , January is next door winking smiley

for your queries , i'll try to answer to the utmost i can ok !

here we go:

1) Rupert january is quite hot and in the evening you will need light clothes ( T-shirts, flower shirts )

2) You got luck as paradis is situated in the le morne peninsula , there are good winds for windsurfing ( good choice for the place )

3)Normally your travel agency will tell you about the paper works. Believe me coming to mauritius isnt tedious * depending which country you come from you wont be into trouble ^^contact your travel agency^^

4)Mosquitos , Yes there are mosquitos and they bite . but the hotels do take care of it and you wont get problem with that ( a little advice is for you to bring some cream *in case* it will be tough for you to search for that in mauritius

5)Sea fishing is great ##see the stats , mauritius has been in the top 5 concerning sea fishing ( big game) .. if you want to fish traditional too , you can find some locals "very interesting"

6)Car hiring is interesting as then you can discover the island by yourself .avoiding group tours with 15 other people, Attention! dont forget your international driving license!
There are so many places which are worth discovering Rupert believe me * you can have my word on this * Hiring a suzuki samourai can cost abotu 1000 MUR per day but its worth instead of pay 1500 MUR per day for a small excursion.

That was mine help , if you need anything else smiling smiley feel free & lets wait for other comments
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map