Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Help understanding Mauritain society

Good day all,I'm a 3rd year marketing student from Johannesburg,South Africa and I'd very much appreciate your input regarding
an assignment I have regarding Mauritian society.

The brief is to launch Rooibos (a SAn herbal tea) in whatever market of our choice (we chose Mauritius) and therefore develop a concise marketing plan.Please answer the following for me if you can.

(a) Is tea drinking an integral part of Mauritians past time? Is there any group (be it cultural,age or race) that emphasizes tea drinking?

(b) Which groups are likely to afford the tea? A box of 40 teabags retails for around $3

(c) What does your average Mauritian base his/her decision on when buying tea?Price,brand?

(d) Is there possibility of introducing a Rooibos tea flavour that is specific to Mauritius? e.g. a herb,fruit beloved to Mauritians.

(e) What kind of competition would Rooibos face in the Mauritian market (be it herbal or normal tea). What market share do these existing competitors possess?

(f) "Rooibos" is an Afrikaans term meaning "red bush",could it be possible to give it a Mauritian name?What language would it be in?

I realise that these are the most boring questions and answering them will be a task and a half but I'm begging you to help me out here,relying on the kindness of strangers.

Thank you in advance

Reply  Quote

Re: Help understanding Mauritain society
August 06, 2010 05:08AM
By katzz
a) Mauritians of all races, ages whatever the group age maybe, they all drink tea.

b) Normally teabags it is only those who work and drink tea in offices who buy it or else everybody else buy tea in packet.

c) It all depends on the taste and money doesn't really plays its role.

d) It all depends on its taste and the price should be in between other prices of tea.

e) You can have a great market share only if your product is good, as for the existing ones the market is rather divided.

f) It is always best to keep its original name.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I'll be glad to help you out smiling smiley

Good Luck.

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map