Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Planning to retire, looking for a nice place on an island, would Mauritius be an option?

Hello there,

I'm 46 yo, living in Italy. I am planning to retire some 12 to 24 months from now on, dreaming about living on a nice and cosy island in the Indian ocean. I've been as a tourist in Seychelles, Maldive, Reunion, Madagascar and some years ago I spent (only) 3 days in Port Louis (I was exhausted after a mission, so I just recovered for a while, I didn't get to see much of it).

I am beggining to study the opportunities to settle somewhere around those places and the island of Mauritius looks to be one option.

I work in a high-tech industry and also as an IT security consultant, but as I previously said, I intend to come there to retire, not to work... already done that for fairly enough time smiling smiley

So I'm looking for a decent place to live, also buying a small fishing boat, possibly opening some small bussiness for a decent investment... stuff like that. I would come alone, even if bringing my girlfriend with me is a possibility... but I wouldn't count much on that...

What are your advices? Can I make it with... let's say... 1000 euros monthly income and some money to invest? What about prices for a decent house, a boat, etc... What is required by immigration rules, what about opening some small business (as I worked all my life in the aeronautics/electronics/IT industry I really don't think about opening a restaurant smiling smiley )

I speak english, french, italian well enough, (and even some more other languages) so language will not be a problem.

So, what do you think and which would be your advices?

Thank you for your help.
 Reply  Quote

you may contact noorah for all your permit resident and to rent and buy land and to build house in mauritius. phone is 2307973986. thanks . you can mail me also ajay_tacouri@yahoo.com.

i am an owner of a bungalow at trou aux biches . i can rent to you at 16000rs per month .
 Reply  Quote

dont look a cheap price you will be disappionted. i dnt want you foreigner to b disappointed and make a bad note of our country. i can help you to find a bungalow near thats 3 mins by walk toseaside at Trou aux biches. that will make you around rs18000. now email me at ajay_tacouri@yahoo.com or phone me 2307605600
 Reply  Quote

Are you looking forward to stay in Mauritius? What kind of accommodation would you like? Are you ready to buy a house? Normally a house should cost you around Rs 5,000,000. And all these depends on the location also.

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map