Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Bus transport

Travel from Lilongwe to Dar Es Alaam
February 27, 2007 10:10PM
Please advise best way to get from Lilongwe to Dar Esalaam in July 2007.
I have been searching for flights and/or trains - but it seems I can only get from Lilongwe to Tanzania via Joberg or Kenya or Zambia etc.......
I'm traveling with 2 young children - so I'm looking for travel on a budget - but with a little reliability and alot of safety!
 Reply  Quote

Hi!
Travelling from Lilongwe to Dar es Salaam is a pretty common thing nowadays. There are bus companies that have been doing the journey for quite some time. The most reliable are "Sumli" and "Hekima". These are pretty high-end companies and i guess there are budget ones as well although i can not recall them off my head. The other option is to cross the border into Mbeya and get a local bus leaving early in the morning to arrive in Dar es Salaam late afternoo. I hope you have a pleasant journey and welcome to Tanzania.Mark, ##### dot com
 Reply  Quote

Air travel- LLW, Dar
May 21, 2007 08:16AM
By mose
Air Malawi has weekly services to Dar.- i could put you in touch with a travel agent in Lilongwe if you need this. I know what a hassle it can be to travel in a place you dont know- particularly Malawi.

Two buses i know of- Takabal and Tacqwa. Not the most comfortable, but they ply the routes daily.

Moses
 Reply  Quote

Bus transport
July 10, 2007 12:35PM
Do you have contact information for Sumli or Hekima? Any idea of the price to Dar from Lilongwe? If not where in Lilongwe can we purchase tickets?

Thanks for your help!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map