Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Long time bro

Piece of paradise for sale.
February 20, 2005 04:54PM
CHITIMBA BEACH TOURIST LODGE IS FOR SALE.
Chitimba is looking for enthusiastic people who would be happy living in paradise, on a beach, by a freshwater lake, in the sun, on the wild and wonderful African continent.
On the Northern shores of Lake Malawi, Central Africa, lies Chitimba Beach Lodge & Campsite. Chitimba is a village situated 90km south of the Malawi/Tanzania border Karonga, and 120km from the capital of the north, Mzuzu.
The lodge is set on a beautiful golden sand beach, amongst banana palms and papaya trees, surrounded by the famous Livingstonia and Nyika mountains. It lies off a newly complete tarmac road (only a few potholes!) that runs straight through the country, from the border all the way to the capital city of Lilongwe. As you enter the property through large wooden gates the main focus is the large thatched bar/restaurant/lounge and pool room. On the right of the 1.8 hectares are 6 Thai inspired beach huts, 3 ensuite rooms,and one dorm. Guests are free to camp where they wish. There is also a male/female toilet shower block.
On the opposite side of the property, fenced off for privacy, is the main house. Behind it a substantial veggie garden. At the very back corner is the generator house.
The lodge caters for overland trucks, backpackers. Ex-Pats and the littlest of hobo's. It is the first (heading south) or last (heading North) stop in Malawi for overlanders. So there is a regular flow of guests.
There lies wonderful oppurtunities to run safari's from Chitimba to Nyika National park (180km approx), Vwaza Marsh (80km approx) and up to Livingstonia, where it is also possible to bungy jump.
There is much more to Chitimba than is possible to write in an email, so if you're interested or just plain curious please feel free to contact John Smythe, we'll be happy to give you any information. The current price starts at £150,000 any offers are welcome, we wish to sell as soon as possible. You may also find it helpful to look at www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/africa/malawi
Get in touch to see photos.
Yours truly
John Smythe.
Owner Chitimba Beach
 Reply  Quote

Piece of paradise for sale
April 08, 2005 01:18PM
By Hans
L.S,

I am interested in the advertisement I saw on the internet. I would appreciate it if you could give me more information, so I can judge if I am realy interested.

Kind regards,

Hans Timmermans
 Reply  Quote

Long time bro
May 04, 2005 03:47AM
By zoudli
John!
Jas here! You know, Jason ex-Economic, haven't seen you since the end of '99 when you came along to Zim and we no doubt got up to plenty of mischief. Mate, I have been trying to contact you at intervals whilst I've been in civiization but without success and I have just come across the posting of sale. Don't sell it to the Germans! What are your plans? Are you in Chitimba now? Are you planning to stay in Africa? lots of questions, lots to tell; confirm this contact and it would be great to hear from you. hope all is well and my best wishes. Get back to me! Jas
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map