Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Lilongdrop

Will be working in Lilongwe in Dec. Travelling on own. Any help with places to eat, see, weekend trips, etc. would be appreciated. Also any things a female alone needs to watch out for?
 Reply  Quote

Lilongdrop
November 01, 2004 01:05PM
By James
Lilongwe is unfotunately a bit of a shithole. For a capital city there is scarily little to do there, however: eating out - Mamma Mias, good Italian food, Don Brionis - excellent all round meals, Portugese Club - fine Chinese.
Avoid the Nature Sanctuary, nauseating and dangerous.
For weekends your best bet is the Northern Lakeshore. Ngala, Kande, Makuzi and Nkwazi are all stunning, stunning spots and only 4/5 hours drive. Salima/Senga Bay is closer but not so nice in my opinion although Cool Runnings is a great place to stay in Senga Bay.
If you get a chance see Mulanje/Zomba and Liwonde in the South although for wildlife you're best heading for South Luangwa, just over the border in Zambia. Kiboko Safaris put together some great packages out that way.
Anything else I can help with?, let me know.
 Reply  Quote

Long Days in Longdrop!
November 02, 2004 09:50PM
Anonymous User
Thanks for info James. That seemed to be what I was reading in forum comments. Looks like I'm in for some long days, especially weekends while there. I was looking for safari earlier but didn't book & too late to change my flights now I think. Will keep the Kiboko Safaris in mind for next time--I'd seen them on internet but wasn't sure if they would be a good company. Thanks for that input.

Anything else you can suggest for Lilongwe re things to see or do?
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map